Speaker quality

I must say I’m extremely disappointed in the audio quality of these cams. I guess maybe I was expecting too much for a $20 cam? The video quality is so good I would have hoped the audio quality would have been just as good. Whenever I test the two-way talk, my words get cut off from the camera speaker. The volume is so low too I’m not sure how a burglar would hear it.

1 Like

Are you on a Pan Cam? They have lower audio than a V2. As for your words being cut off, just hold the send button a couple seconds after you stop taking. Audio is a work in progress, unfortunately…

1 Like

no I am on the V2 cams

Audio volume is inherently limited by physics. The camera is very small and therefore has a very small speaker. In a quiet house, you’ll certainly hear it, but if there’s a lot of ambient noise or if you’re outdoors, it may get drowned out. But the volume is similar to my Ring doorbell, for example. It’s also pretty quiet, but it would need to be about double the size if they wanted to change that, and it’s already pretty huge compared to a normal doorbell. Like I said, it’s just physics.

1 Like

I mean its so garbled even my wife can’t usually even make out what I’m saying when I go to test it. Garbled and words getting cut off.