Sound Sync Problem With Saved Video Clips

support

I discovered a sound sync problem with saved video clips from the memory card.

First video below was the alert. The sound is fine on that. The second is the recording I extracted from the memory card. The sound was fine during the playback from the card, but was out of sync on the saved clip.

I extracted it using a 128 GB iPhone 6 running iOS 10.3.3 and app version 1.3.134.

I’m using a V2 cam with firmware 4.9.1.60.

My memory card is a Kingston Canvas Select 32GB microSDHC Class 10.

FYI -

1 Like
Audio Delay

Is there any reason this thread is being ignored? I have the same issue, but with the Android app. Is there another thread about this?

It seems like this has been a problem for quite some time but no go on a fix. What gives?

I have the same problem. Both in the iPhone app and when I saw the video from the SD card, the sound and video are not synced. Sound comes a lot before the video. Very hard to see and understand what happened when there is a conversation.
Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

I just created 3 clips from 2 cameras today, and they all had sound sync issues. The sound sync was different each time I captured or watched a segment in playback. Usually the sound lagged, but one time it was in advance. Rarely the sound would be close to right, and if it was, it usually lagged when I saved the clip on my iPad 2018, a pretty powerful iPad.

Until they fix this (I am in contact with a developer), I found I just had to run the clip several times and let it do what it wanted, then look at the saved iPad’s saved version of the clip to see if the sound was close to in sync. I ended up with 3 clips that were close, but not perfect.

Hope that provides more info on the problem, and a possible workaround.

1 Like

We have developer interest in this problem: