Sound sensitivity on V2s with firmware upgrade 4.9.6.241

Person detection solved this, but when it went away, it just got worse and no update since have even come close to PD.

1 Like

I suspect that they cannot do this because they have never released a fully functional version.

3 Likes

It’s amazing how cheap QA is when you rely on paying customers to do it all for you :expressionless:

Can’t be a bug when it’s a perpetual beta test

3 Likes

Help me out someone with this. Is there a updated firmware version or is this the only option right now to remedy the sound issue? Thanks in advance…

Seems like wyze is no longer supporting V2 cameras. Ever since this issue was identified nothing appears to be done to resolve it. Very frustrating. Makes me rethink my support on wyze products. They keep releasing new products without any regard to their core business which was their cameras. Pretty soon they will be selling drones and toilet seat warmers.

1 Like

I reverted to 4.9.6.199 and I’m still holding there. Seems to work fine.

I did also a month ago and am still waiting for the fix.

1 Like

Seems like the software developers aren’t in tune with their customers. When an software issue like this is identified, they should message their customers notifying them of the problem then drop everything and resolve the bug ASAP. I assume the fix will come out with the next release and hopefully they won’t break something else.

1 Like

I have given up on this issue. I don’t expect a fix. And I don’t expect to buy new WYZE cams when I need to replace these. Kind of a bummer.

1 Like

I’ve been watching the forums for four months. Was considering getting the monitoring service but really disappointed with the Wyze response to this issue. I have four cameras and I’ve turned off sound notifications. Not willing to spend more money with Wyze until they show some dedication to their customers.

2 Likes

I agree 100%. Wyze does not seem to be interested in supporting their existing customers who bought these cameras. This sound sensitivity issue has been out there a long time, Very disappointed with Wyse’s lack of response.

2 Likes

I downgraded my firmware to fix the sound sensitivity issue back in March. All was good until I recently started getting warnings that I need to upgrade my firmware, or be left behind forever. I naively assumed that Wyze had sorted this problem out. I was wrong! This problem persists for months?!? All that changed was they removed the ability to roll back firmware from the app! So now I am stuck with a broken wyze cam that send alarms if someone farts on the other side of the building. Is this intentional self sabotage of the product? Is wyze trying to get me to buy another camera? Whats the deal with this? This is totally inexcusable.

2 Likes

I totally agree. It’s ridiculous that this issue has been going on for over 4 months with no firmware fix. I get alerted by alarm when my sump pump fails and haven’t been able enable sound notifications on the Wyze cam to alert me on sump pump failure for months now. That’s the main reason I bought the camera. Doesn’t seem that Wyze is taking this issue seriously. I know people that won’t buy another Wyze product because of this.

2 Likes

So for 4mths we have dealing with this issue with no response to us customers. Again I ask, can we return these for a full refund since WYZE broke them either unproven software?

2 Likes

Hey @UserCustomerGwen , you and Wyze owe us some direction on this. If Wyze doesn’t plan to fix it, we need to know so we can individually decide what to do. Depending on each individual’s situation, it seems we have options, which include…

. Running the V2s unsupported
. Replacing our V2s with V3s
. Using the V2s with no sound
. Switching brands

Based on how you described your job, it seems like you are the person at Wyze to speak to us. How about it?

3 Likes

Seconded!

1 Like

I would third this sound issue also. It looks like wyze is no longer supporting V2 cameras and it’s customers.

1 Like

Yes WYZE, it is time to hear from the company on this issue.

2 Likes

I totally agree with paule and others who have commented about the lack of response from Wyze on these issues. We bought these products on the belief that Wyze was a company that would stand by it’s products and customers. We deserve an answer and some attention.

1 Like

We have now reached the milestone of 100 entries on this thread! It has been going on since March 11th. @UserCustomerGwen , please comment.

1 Like