Sound sensitivity on V2s with firmware upgrade 4.9.6.241

Seems weird to me that with all the issues we are having, WYZE is being quite. I turned off the sound notifications completely. I would love my pan cam to notify me only when my son makes a sound in his crib, not when we are talking in the living room some 40ft away. I’ve been following this chat for almost 2 weeks and NOTHING from Wyze. Starting to wonder if I need to invest in a more capable cam. I can send it back to Wyze since they broke it

Starting to feel the same.

Another one here with the unending sound alarms. I put the sensitivity to 1, and i still get alarms from the door closing at the end of the hall 30 meters away! Makes this cam totally unusable for me.

1 Like

I am also having this problem since upgrade on 2 cameras that I did the upgrade on, turned sensitivity down to 1 but it makes no difference. Log submitted #172835

1 Like

Wondering if we can all just return our equipment for a refund since it no longer works as advertised, regardless of how long we’ve had it - we feel like we’ve been duped…

1 Like

I’m having the same issue since the firmware update. I’ve rolled back to 4.9.6.199 but hopefully this issue is fixed in the next firmware release.

Hi, folks!

I have an update on this one. Thanks for your patience! :slight_smile:

We have a test firmware for you to try! We’re trying to adjust things so that they’re better for sound detection sensitivity. You testing this will make sure that your specific use case is heavily represented in the feedback and decision-making so I highly recommend you try it if you have time and ability to do so. :slight_smile:

You’ll need to flash firmware for this. Here are the instructions:

Here’s the firmware file for Wyze Cam v2:

https://download.wyzecam.com/firmware/v2/demo_4.9.6.243.bin.zip

Here’s the firmware file for Wyze Cam Pan:

https://download.wyzecam.com/firmware/pan/demo_4.10.6.243.bin.zip

Please give it a shot and let us know how you feel about it!

Thank you @UserCustomerGwen for the update. Unfortunately I have none of those things to perform a manual flash (no SD card nor reader). Hopefully others here will be able to test it. You might want to post this in the other thread about the issue as well.

1 Like

Thanks, @pgran! I appreciate the acknowledgement and tip. I see links to this at the top of the post and I’ll go ahead and cross-post so they have the info. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t flash my cam pan. Any other to test this out? If not, can I return my cam for a refund since your software broke it.

One question. Does the SD card need to be blank other than this firmware file? Or will the firmware be found even if there are other files on the card that are pictures, audio, etc? Thanks.

The demo.bin file just needs to be in the root directory. Other files can still be there. I just flashed my V2. Fingers crossed if it works. I will message back after some tests.

1 Like

@Chappy58us, I’m sorry, flashing firmware is the only current way to try this out. If the testing from this yields promising results, we’ll fold the changes into our regular firmware beta to public release track.

@randcwulff, thanks for answering @kosian’s question! And thanks for testing. :slight_smile:

Test firmware installed on two cam V2! Seems to be back to normal so far!

Thanks!

2 Likes

Well, the beta .243 firmware improved the sound on my V2 test camera quite a bit without breaking something else. I am back to the 20% sensitivity (where it was before) and there are no unnecessary alerts. I still have the playback freeze at times on all my cameras (6). The freeze happened at the same time as the .241 firmware upgrade but that seems to be a separate issue?

2 Likes

You’re welcome, @mrkdsn and @randcwulff! I’ll report this to the team! :smiley:

1 Like

It’s been a while on this issue, any updates? It would also be nice to have a test server to serve up the firmware instead of having to pull down all my Wyze cams, format the SD cards, install the test F/W on the cards and reboot all the cam’s. Many of them are in inconvenient locations and add to that they have to be re-aimed and reset for detections makes F/W testing inconvenient at best.

Today, I had a someone walk right in front of a V3 and no notifications at all ( 4.9.6.241)
I’m not really sure what that’s all about.

2 Likes

Agreed a beta download link would have been a lot easier for everyone.

1 Like

Every time I think about allowing the firmware to update on the seven v2 Cams I have I first check the forums to see if there are any reported issues so I can see if I use should hold off. I wish Wyze added a 3rd category of firmware update–upgrade to firmware that has been production released with very few reports of any issues. The beta software seems to go to production release without sufficient testing to get all the bugs out. I am currently at firmware version 4.9.6.156. The only issue I really have had is the Detection Zone does not appear to work for my cameras. I set a zone but on playback of motion triggered recording the green box shows motion detected outside the Detection Zone I have selected. It is most common on my cameras pointed out the front windows. It will pick up cars in the street when the detection zone end before the front sidewalk. It will also detect moving shadows on walls outside detection zone from wind moving tree branches blocking the sun. I just want trouble free operation and don’t need the latest upgrades if it introduces worse bugs than prior versions. I would like to know why Detection Zone does not as I would expect. The app says the latest version is 4.9.6.241. What version should I install? Is there a version after 4.9.6.156 and before 4.9.6.241 that is stable and free of new bugs? Is beta 4.9.6.243 the best to use?

3 Likes

I reverted to 4.9.6.199 and I’m running with no issues to report. I haven’t had the time to do the .243 beta install, but I’ve seen no issues reported about it.

2 Likes