Sound sensitivity on V2s with firmware upgrade 4.9.6.241

Sorry for having to ask this question, but where/how do you get the log number?

The same is happening on my V2 Cam. Sensitivity used to be set at 70 in the previous firmware, now it’s set to 1 and it’s still WAY too sensitive. Please fix this.

In the app, go to Account —- WYZE Support—-Submit A Log. When you’re finished a screen will give you a log ID which you can then post to @UserCustomerGwen

Here is a log I submitted @UserCustomerGwen: Log ID 151130

I’ve been having the same issue since the firmware upgrade - even at the lowest sensitivity setting. This makes the sound alerts useless since I’m getting dozens of alerts per hour even for the slightest sounds.

Hopefully Wyze support knows about this and is working on it!

@UserCustomerGwen Seems there are 2 more threads going about the same topic. Any update from your team?

Count mine in as well. Finally had to turn off sound notifications.

This is a serious issue - not only is it wiping out the battery on my cell phone within hours, but my home is now not as protected because the sound alerts are totally off.

1 Like

I have the same issue with sound. I thought I was going crazy because I would get a notification but when I looked for a video under events there is nothing there.

1 Like

I turned off all sound notifications and am still receiving neverending notifications. I’m just about ready to unplug all 4 cameras because my wife is going ballistic. Don’t know why wyze dosen’t rule back the latest update or just fix it. If this issue dosen’t get resolved soon I will be replacing all my wyze devices with something more dependable. Wyze has expanded the number of devices it’s selling too quickly and hasn’t been able to keep up with software integrations between them effectively.

2 Likes

I haven’t done this yet, but you can easily roll back to the previous firmware if you want. For now I’m working around the problem another way, hoping for a quick fix.

I empathize with you on the comments about how these flaws get rolled out to us. While I appreciate the rapid release of new functionality and enhancements, I would really appreciate more attention on testing.

3 Likes

Agreed. I looked for a way to roll back but didn’t see any obvious way to do it from the app. Could you post the how to?

Disclaimer: I’ve never actually reverted to a previous firmware version. I’ve always waited for a fix as the issues were not as annoying as this one.

From the Home screen, go to…

Settings->Device Info->Firmware Version

You’ll get to a screen that tells you that your firmware is up to date. At the bottom of the screen you’ll see the words “Have problem?” Click on those words and you’ll get a screen titled “Revert firmware”. Beneath an ominous warning about reverting there will be a list of previous firmware versions to choose from.

If you do this, let us know if the problem goes away.

2 Likes

Thanks so much. I’ve rolled back OS and BIOS before for pc / laptop but not for a device. Will give @UserCustomerGwen a couple more days to get us some info before deploying the nuclear option.

Likwise. I’ve had one cam detect a clock chime maybe 10 times in 6 months. Now both upstairs cams pick it up and send the notification even with sound sensitivity turned way low.

How do you roll back to a previous firmware version? I would definitely do that!

Anita Rose

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

Reposting at the request of @redrose336.

Disclaimer: I’ve never actually reverted to a previous firmware version. I’ve always waited for a fix as the issues were not as annoying as this one.

From the Home screen, go to…

Settings->Device Info->Firmware Version

You’ll get to a screen that tells you that your firmware is up to date. At the bottom of the screen you’ll see the words “Have problem?” Click on those words and you’ll get a screen titled “Revert firmware”. Beneath an ominous warning about reverting there will be a list of previous firmware versions to choose from.

If you do this, let us know if the problem goes away.

I have the same issue on my cameras. Some of the alerts are 3 - 5 minutes apart. Also, sometimes when I click on the event that had the sound alert, the playback freezes.

Yes, I have been seeing the playback freeze too. Not all the time but enough to notice.

I’ve being noticing it also. It freezes at 9 seconds constantly even after I rolled back the firmware. I suspect wyze is being bombarded with sound notifications they are throttling their playback to 9 seconds. Wyze has to resolve this issue promptly otherwise everything will snowball and the customer support lines will be swamped.