Sound issue

sound is distorted when i let go of mic button

anyone else having a sound issue???

How long does it stay distorted. It sounds like you may have a bit of a feedback loop. Is your phone within earshot of the camera when you’re doing this?

It last about 5 seconds but of course the person I’m speaking to has already answered and I could not hear what was said. We’ve tred to count to 5 after I talk but thats a real pain, other than that its crystal clear. i could be 50 miles away with my phone and it does the same…

When I let go of the speak button, there is a multi second delay before I hear anything. Maybe up to five seconds and sometimes there is a squeak or chirping noise. I haven’t tried to have a conversation, but I can see where this would be an issue.

speaker makes a loud screeching noise after I speak into the mic, on both versions of the camera

Are you physically close to the camera while doing this? You could be getting feedback. Try moving farther away (where your phone and the camera are not within audio range of each other).

letsrock16 opened another thread about this same issue. And, I see Matthew cc’d letsrock16. I commented over there that I have heard the same thing or else multi seconds of silence.

It still does this noise on both of my cams, the small one and the ptz. No matter where I am. I could be at work 50 miles away or in the bedroom and it still makes this noise after I speak into the mic…Has anyone else had this problem or heard of a solution???sorry to keep bringing it up but it is very annoiying… thanks

There are multiple problems with the sound ATM, but what I think you are speaking of is the electronic subtraction of what you just said over the microphone from the returning sound stream (it is because of this that your voice never gets recorded). I’m guessing they do that to reduce feedback or confusion, but there is also an audio delay that can make it last after you have finished talking. Hopefully this will get cleaned up as part of their sound rework, but the best thing you can do ATM is report all sound issues to the developers:

Hello Arthur. I purchased a Cam Pan Model WYZECP1 and twice, over a period of a couple days in between, the cam did a loud audio screeching. Both instances were where the cam was idle with little to no activity. The second time, after unplugging and plugging it back in, did not occur for about 3 days. By then I had moved locations and in a quieter area where my dog was. I heard a loud noise like an electric motor with a loud bad bearing going off. Ran upstairs and the cam was all the way to one side facing the wall making the loud noise. I am bringing it downstairs to monitor. Does this sound like something you are familiar with. I have owned it for almost 2 weeks now.