New Wyze Pan Cameras refuse to record anything - won't track motion

I wasn’t trying to imply anything. I was merely trying to assist you. You still haven’t said what version of the app you have or the firmware. I find that information helpful when trying to help someone troubleshoot a problem with their cameras. Could you please provide that so maybe someone on the forum may be able to help you? If not…

Here are the troubleshooting guides:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000596591-Troubleshooting

If that doesn’t solve it, keep in mind that this is primarily a user-to-user forum. If you don’t get help here from the community, file a support request including log files. That will ensure that the logs are captured. You might want to submit the ticket right away because there’s somewhat of a backlog. You can always let them know it’s already resolved when they contact you.

What’s the firmware version? Did you just upgrade it? There’s a thread on similar problems.

Sorry for being crabby having spent all these hours laboring over this thing…

My app is v2.3.16 (Android), and v2.3.25 (iOS) with firmware 4.10.3.50 on both cameras. When I first set these up, it asked me to update the firmware. I wished I hadn’t.

I will look at your link…

Thanks.

2 Likes

OK, I followed the instructions to downgrade (they should make it built into the app IMO), and so I’m on *.40 firmware, and now it’s actually working recording and motion tracking, and there’s way less lag too.

Thanks.

Hi @KWLA,

I think you just had bad timing of setting up the new Pans right at the time that a new firmware and app release came out. Even though the releases always go through pretty extensive beta testing, there’s always the possibility of an undiscovered glitch. The devs are aware of it. It’s been less than a day since it was reported and I expect that they will have a solution for it soon.

@kwla Take a look at this post/topic:

1 Like

Just got my Wyze Cam Pan today, April 25h, 2019 and am also having the Same issue with
No motion tracking and no sound detection. Was prompted for firmware update out of the box and it is now on 4.10.3.50.

Hi @lightyear04, This is a brand new issue that Wyze is aware of. Until they get it fixed, see the post immediately above yours for a workaround.

2 Likes

We’re sorry, everyone. I’ve informed the team about this. If you’re running into this problem, please send us logs through the Help & Feedback section of the Account tab in the Wyze app. We’re looking into this now.

1 Like

This is what worked for me… all of our pan cams are now working properly. I hope this helps you all.

1 Like

Thanks. Will give that a try soon.

1 Like

This thread should not be marked as {Solved}, rather (well we found a work around and will fix it).

I took “solved” off the title.

1 Like

Seriously, I’d send it back for a refund. Sending both mine back for full refunds. Way too much of a headache. If you aren’t a techie like me, you won’t understand all this downgrade stuff. Every time there is a firmware upgrade, this happens. Nothing has worked for me! I’m buying a different brand. Heard there is much better stuff out there.

1 Like

There are much better cameras out there - these things are toys really - not serious security cameras, but for the money worth it.

Yes it’s a pain that you have to first find the old firmware, then follow instructions to put it on an SD card. But fortunately, when it downgrades, it keeps your settings.

Wyze really really needs to implement an app based downgrade procedure (since their firmware is way too shaky and unreliable) so users can just click downgrade and not have to do side loading stuff.

Here’s where you can vote for that:

Be sure to click the VOTE button at the top.

1 Like

Yeah they really should address this. Cheap doesn’t mean we didn’t pay. In fact the price has gone up on the Wyze Pan. I was pretty stunned!

I found the old firmware some time back, tried to zip it and it wouldn’t even zip so I have no idea what’s going on. I stopped fooling around with it because I was afraid I’d mess something up. Come here and ask questions and you’re treated as if you should know all this techie stuff.

But trust me, this happens every single time when they upgrade their firmware. One time my camera was spinning and spinning out of control and I didn’t know what was going on. Looked it up and you guessed it…firmware upgrade causing the problems! That was one of many upgrade issues and I can’t take it anymore.

Currently waiting on my new camera, but Wyze is going back. I’m done. Hey good luck. I hope it works out. Maybe they’ll have the issue resolved by the end of the day or something!

3 Likes

The price at Wyze has remained the same, just because you choose to deal with other vendors doesn’t mean the basic price has changed.

I’ve been through I think 3 firmware changes with the Pan and I have not had problems.

Good for you! Give yourself a pat on the back! I unfortunately haven’t had a smooth experience. Initially everything was fine…for a couple of weeks. From that point on, nothing but problem after problem.

I shop on Amazon and the price has increased. Yes there are those of us who do shop third parties, in fact it’s quite common! And if a third party hikes their prices, I’m definitely gonna mention it regardless if the manufacturer keeps their prices the same.

2 Likes

It seems like The Team’s first move should be to pull the firmware upgrade, so every new customer’s first experience isn’t having bricked Cam Pans they’ve just paid for that do nothing at all. Followed by hours or days of tedious experimentation and helplessly wondering what the problem is. This is nuts, and of course very frustrating. I don’t have a MicroSD card and have no easy way to downgrade the firmware, which in any event isn’t really something consumers should be asked, even implicitly, to do for you.

So why on earth are you still bricking new devices with a corrupted or buggy firmware upgrade? I can’t imagine there’s much percentage in doing that for you, either.

4 Likes