Solve Robovac charger connection issues

I have my robovac charger on a rug. I used carpet tape to keep the charger in place. However the vac seems to miss the charger about 25% od the time as the vac somehow is lower than the charging blades on the fixed mount. This needs a better adjustment or better solution as I’m sure I am not the only one using the charger on a rug.

[Mod Edit]: Title Modified to Enhance Search Clarity.

I am having the same issues here. I bought 2 robovacs, the one on the 1st floor (hard vinyl) charges fine, however, the one on the 2nd floor (carpet) keeps going back and forth when trying to position itself to charge, 90% of the times w/o success.

I’ll try to swap both between floors to check if is the 2nd floor one that is defective, or if it is a design problem with the charging station.

I was having the same “try try again”… and then give up with a red error message. The failure always occurred on a carpet (my only practical plug-in location) until I used 1/4in white masonite (pressboard) with beveled edges. I then used 10lb/4.5Kg double stick foam tape to adhere the charger base to the board. Problem solved!

1 Like