Solar for the outdoor cam?

I’ve already waited 4 weeks and they anticipated another 3 weeks for the solar panel to come in. But this solar panel has a plug designed for the Outdoor cam to keep moisture out

As mentioned I have not received it yet so I can’t say it works…

I’ve had the solar panel now for about a week and so far so good at keeping it charged!!!

Is the solar panel still working well? Every panel I find seems to have a lot of complaints.

I have them attached to 5 ODCs right now and they are 100%.

Every so often one will allow a camera to discharge down to like 2% but then it either recharges back to 100% or I have to take the camera down and plug it in until fully charged and then the solar panel keeps it charged at 100 again.

I haven’t found any reason why this happens (like it’s still sunny, connection is still fine, etc) but it’s only happened a few times (to all different cams) so it’s definitely a good trade off compared to having to climb a ladder and charge the cans every week or so.

Which brand? It doesn’t make sense that these don’t work all the time. There are no moving parts. As you said, when you reconnect them, they work again. Makes no sense and yet even the Wyze branded one has only 69% 5 star rating, no better than aftermarket.
Thanks!

There is a Wyze cam brand solar panel? I must have missed this.

Ooops, I think I confused the Arlo panel with Wyze.
I really need something to work with a solar panel!

If you don’t mind me asking, which one did you buy?

Still researching. AFAIK, Wasserstein is the only one I know of that sells a compatible solar panel. Considering Arlo also, but their camera costs almost 2x as much and their cloud plan is a lot more.

I have Wasserstein. They may not have them on Amazon but that have them on their website. FWIW, I’d buy them all again 100%. So much better than having to charge all the time.

Thanks… If you search the Wyze site for ‘solar panels’ you should be able to find articles regarding them

I have three Wasserstein solar panels. They keep each WOC charged to 100%. Once in a great while the SOC will drop a bit but once the sun comes out, the WOC SOC goes to 100% in a few hours

1 Like

Search for “[Updated Version] Wasserstein Solar Panel Compatible with Wyze Cam Outdoor” at Amazon.

I purchased the Wasserstein back in March and placed it on a test camera in my backyard to test it. It has been keeping my camera charged to 100% since.
Based on the 4 months of testing I am ordering more.

My only concern will be long term life expectancy. I noticed the plastic has yellowed in the Arizona sun so it may start cracking and cause problems

Thanks for the update. I just ordered it and will test it also. Ordered from Amazon or Wasserstein?