So person tracking is 100% gone until 2021?

Is that actually the case? We have to wait a whole year to get this feature back? Will it for sure be released then or will it get pushed back? Was the whole reason I bought these cams in the first place.

3 Likes

Yeah their contact with the people that do person tracking is over and Wyze is currently developing their own in-house. But to me it’s not a big deal because there’s still motion detection, sound detection, and even motion tracking on the Pan.

3 Likes

Yes but to get notified of every movement isn’t ideal at all…
How is their in-house one going to rival the other that was already built and supplied by a third party that I can only assume specialized in that feature someway. They are making some solid power moves I must say. First, we lose person tracking, then our privacy is compromised. One step forward 2 steps backwards.

2 Likes

Oh shoot I’m sorry, I was only thinking about my camera outside. Yeah, getting a notification about every single movement when the camera is inside is garbage!

1 Like

2021??? really? oh well. would not be surprised, but please point out where it says this. me thought they could maybe possibly be close to doing external/beta testing or whatever whenever? but whenever could be whenever because wyze’s time schedule is whatever it is. me not read everything here. thanks!

1 Like

There has been no specific time given for the in-house Person Detection. However, it has been announced that Person Detection will begin testing soon. :point_down:

3 Likes

But still no info about the lasers… sigh… and nothing about the sharks either. Wait and see I guess.

Last I saw it was suppose to be sometime 2020. Where is the 2021 number coming from?

1 Like

Any thing said by us (at least me) right now us pure conjecture. To reiterate-

Wait and watch.

I suggest Y’all*just enjoy the many features you do get in a camera at this price range :slightly_smiling_face:

Personally I’ve been using motion sensors paired with each camera to trigger my videos since before person detection was a thing. It also allowed me to bypass the 5 minute cooldown between clips. I tried person detection for like a week before turning it off and going back to the motion sensor triggered videos. I’d rather be able to have a notification and cloud clip as fast as every 40 seconds and more importantly more time stamps in case I need to scrub through footage. Reviewing footage in 5 min segments is a bit of a pain reviewing ~1 min segments are much more manageable.

1 Like

so the “2021” click-bait nonsense talk is just made-up FAKE news. okay. had to ask. really don’t matter because the wyze cameras work great even if person detection is not currently working. and the cams are so cheap, why get so hung up on this? the person detection will work again whenever.