SmartThings Integration

Well, when Wyze makes refrigerators, TVs, door locks, smoke alarms, and everything else I can control with SmartThings, then I could buy into a single manufacturer solution. I don’t like having 6 different accounts and apps on my phone to control my smart devices. But I’m stuck with it due to compatibility.

But, I assume they aren’t planning on manufacturing those things. So, to remain viable in the market, they must have compatibility with what the majority of their current and potential users are implementing. For me that is SmartThings, especially since it it almost impossible to purchase Wink hubs anymore. At least 759 other people agree.

Sad thing is that the majority of potential new customers look at the Wyze compatibility list, don’t see a compatibility, and you never know they even looked. Lost sales? Yes. Absolutely. I was one of them for over 6 months. 10 cameras may not be a lot, but here I am talking about it. Where else is my word of mouth reaching?

This thread is one way to capture interest. So, Indy, how would that additional compatibility hurt your interests or product implementations? If it won’t, then redact and help us out with a positive vote. If it would somehow affect how you are using Wyze, please explain so we can understand.

1 Like

I think you misconstrued what I suggested. As you stated you want only one account.

My suggesting was for Wyze to make a smartthings hub itself.

I’m not sure if ADT bought out smartthings or it’s just a licensing deal. But to my understanding the sensors made for ADT is not compatible with older hubs. Therefore I’m more concerned about future proofing and not being forced down the ADT path.

I totally agree with your take on the home security front, and agree wholeheartedly that the ADT or any other monitoring should be an option.

That said, there are a lot of other uses for these products outside of home security. This is why we would really like the SmartThings integration. For example, I use cameras to know when my parts are complete on our CNC machines. Creating a flow with camera motion detection to trigger a change in the color of a light bulb, or send a text, or open a bin is something I could use today. I can’t expect Wyze to produce all the devices I need, I can only ask for compatibility.

As far as I know, SmartThings is a Samsung product, and is one of the only hubs left that maintains Z-wave compatibility. So, for everything else in my shop it is what I use. I wish there were other choices, but there really aren’t. The more products that become compatible with SmartThings, the more choices I have. The Wyze product is awesome, affordable, easy to use, etc. We are just asking for compatibility in the existing products. Consider it an upgrade or firmware revision, not a product development. This request should not affect your goals or request for Wyze to produce a hub at all.

6 Likes

Yes, please!

3 Likes

Please!!! Do it asap, please!!!

Much appreciated if you do.

3 Likes

SmartThings integration would make this camera affordable, convenient and highly sought after device for home security. Thanks.

4 Likes

I sooooo wish this would happen, it would simplify my life, make my wyze products way more convenient. I’m seeing other lesser popular items being researched, please, please, please make this happen. I did vote, it has 793 votes, HomeKit integration has like 696, I think, and it still hasn’t resonated with the team this is important to their users. Thank you.

5 Likes

I would also love for this to happen. ST is a great system and I would buy even more Wyze products (I have everything but the PAN). Please give me a reason to buy even more. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m looking into a security camera. If there will be Smartthings integration I will definitely buy several wyze cameras.

2 Likes

+1 for smart things integration. Having cameras linked would be cool, but even better would be access to the WyzeSense devices. Finally, cheap motion sensors that I can use to control lighting

4 Likes

+1 for smarthings. I don’t own a Wyze camera yet, and signed up just to vote. Please make this happen!

2 Likes

+1 for smarthings

3 Likes

+1 for smartthings!

3 Likes

Everyone
If you have not done so yet be sure to go to the top and vote

3 Likes

+100 votes

5 Likes

+1 for me too, i have 3 Smartthings Hubs, over 60 devices and 7 WyzeCam… and 1 Ring Door Bell :frowning:

4 Likes

Just got my first set of WyzeCams and sensors yesterday.would really like to have SmartThings Integration. (Just voted) Been a ST user since the days of the hub v1.

5 Likes

Would I buy more Wyze products? If there was ST integration most definitely I would! Using IFTT to automate at the moment, would love to be able to consolidate everything on ST,

4 Likes

I would buy more Wyze products if it integrated with Smartthings. This would be a HUGE win for Wyze and Samsung.

4 Likes

Me too, I would buy more Wyze products if they integrated with SmartThings

6 Likes