SmartThings Integration

Good luck! If you want to turn it up another notch, look into “actiontiles” also. Made my Wyze/ST/Ifttt setup pretty sweet.

I vote ST intergration too, would take out a middle man in my setup and simplify it.

2 Likes

I love ST, and I love Wyze too, that would be amazing and excellent bet with a solid success in near future I hope

Here’s a poll from the Wyze Facebook group.

Maybe once Google Home is live, @Frederik will be free to move on to the third most popular “hub” since the top two are somewhat done :grin:

6 Likes

Would love to see Smarthings integration for these great devices.

2 Likes

I NEED Smartthings integration. I have so much invested in Smartthings but my love for Wyze products grows stronger with each day! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am so reliant on my SmartThings integration with Arlo that even though I dislike Arlo for a number of reasons and would love to switch to Wyze, I can’t, because it won’t be able to do what I need it to do.

Specifically: toggle the cameras on and off when routines are run or other triggers are activated. For example, enable cameras when everyone leaves, disable when anyone comes home. (Or disable/enable motion detection). Turn cameras on when we go to sleep, turn them off when we wake up. These are simple things, but without the integration, I’d have to toggle everything by hand, which would make no sense.

5 Likes

I agree, it’s not just only about showing a video feed

2 Likes

Yes PLEASE to Smatthings integration

2 Likes

I need a Samsung Smart Things integration!!! I purchased only one camera so far but would purchase way more if we got a ST integration. Could the developers please elaborate on what the time line is on this???

1 Like

If the status tag changes from “maybe-later” changes to “researching”, then that means it’s now on Wyze’s radar. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m gonna poke in here and say that this is already on our radar and in discussion but that researching would mean that we’re looking into what it would take to implement it. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

YES!!!

If this integrates with ST i’ll be ordering more contact sensors and motion sensors :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Put another ping on that SmartThings radar!

I just bought 6 cams, will buy many more for our shop if the SmartThings integration is there.
We just converted from Wink, sadly, they just couldn’t keep up. So, SmartThings took its place and I am glad to say it is working the same if not much better. And, with Samsung products all in our house (all our appliances, TVs, etc) adding some cams to the scenes would be epic.

If there is a fire, light it.

4 Likes

With smartthings and webcore we could do all sorts of cool things once Wyze is integrated.

3 Likes

Don’t do it.

Wish Wyze would just make their own hub.

1 Like

They already have one, it’s called the Bridge. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So then why bother with smartthings? All I need now is a water sensor and siren.

2 Likes

The automation creator alone is a good reason for Wyze to integrate with SmartThings.

4 Likes

Just make sure you’re all clicking the vote button at the top!!

2 Likes

Well, when Wyze makes refrigerators, TVs, door locks, smoke alarms, and everything else I can control with SmartThings, then I could buy into a single manufacturer solution. I don’t like having 6 different accounts and apps on my phone to control my smart devices. But I’m stuck with it due to compatibility.

But, I assume they aren’t planning on manufacturing those things. So, to remain viable in the market, they must have compatibility with what the majority of their current and potential users are implementing. For me that is SmartThings, especially since it it almost impossible to purchase Wink hubs anymore. At least 759 other people agree.

Sad thing is that the majority of potential new customers look at the Wyze compatibility list, don’t see a compatibility, and you never know they even looked. Lost sales? Yes. Absolutely. I was one of them for over 6 months. 10 cameras may not be a lot, but here I am talking about it. Where else is my word of mouth reaching?

This thread is one way to capture interest. So, Indy, how would that additional compatibility hurt your interests or product implementations? If it won’t, then redact and help us out with a positive vote. If it would somehow affect how you are using Wyze, please explain so we can understand.

1 Like