SmartThings Integration

I’m in the same boat as many here. WYZE, please move faster on an ST integration or you’re going to lose a ton of customers!! If you get this done within a couple months, I would almost guarantee you’d get a flood of orders from ST loyalists holding from going all in.

3 Likes

All, the topic tag will be changed to, “in-development,” if they start working on it. Right now, it’s still, “maybe-later.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

all the new folks, make sure you are upvoting the topic at the top.

4 Likes

Maybe @WyzeDongsheng, @WyzeBrandon or another Wyze dev could attend this webinar and gauge a level of effort for this integration. They make it sound so easy :wink:
https://zoom.us/webinar/register/f5f06d02695bdebdc5b9141539e44ee6

5 Likes

Very excited to learn about this. Hopefully this comes soon…it would be great if we could motion and noise detection events in the ST app so that we can integrate them with other rules.

1 Like

It seems to me you could eliminate dozens of software or firmware feature requests from the wyze community if you had a single ST integration. You can already do routines, scenes, automations, smart apps, etc. with ST, operate with voice assistants or IFTTT and be able to integrate them with hundreds of devices operating locally or across the cloud. The main advantage of Wyze is the price point of the camera, sensors, NAS, etc.

5 Likes

Just got mine Wyze in and setup. I’m very happy with their performance, and will likely pickup the panning cameras next time. However, it does feel like an island unto itself without smartthings (or smart home) integration. :frowning:

1 Like

IMO, Samsung is trying to position itself as a platform just like Amazon and Google. And the number of users seems to back them up with numbers like “couple of million” being thrown around. So if Wyze is interested in integrating with other IoT platforms, SmartThings would make the most sense after Alexa and Google since they probably have the 3rd largest user base after those two.

2 Likes

The problem with Smartthings (which I currently own) is the confusion with ADT. Not sure if its a partnership or buyout, etc. I know recently they had to change “services” and I had to create a new account in Smartthings. And from what I understand, the ADT smartthings sensors are not compatible with v1, v2 smartthings hubs. Its only compatible with ADT hubs.

I’m glad that Wyze is making sensors. I wish they would also make a wired/wireless doorbell which would complete the whole security package.

I also wish that Wyze sense would use regular size coin batteries like the 2025 & 2032 sizes since you can easily get those at even Ikea…

1 Like

I would LOVE Smartthings integration.
I already have a couple cameras and pre-ordered the sensor kit, but I would be ready to spend A LOT more if there was native Smartthings support.

Stringify would be nice as well.

2 Likes

Hello @bshellhorn, you can vote for stringify integration here. :grin:

Stringify integration

Yes to SmartThings.

2 Likes

Intergration to Smartthings please!

2 Likes

I got one of these camera thinking I could integrate it with SmartThings, I had planned to get a few more but I’m going to hold off to see if this happens. Love this little camera but SmartThings integration is a deal breaker for me.

2 Likes

If they have smartthings integrated they will sell 10X more Wyze Sense sensors than Wyze cams. I have 100’s of places I could put a sensor.

4 Likes

I found this video while browsing some wyze videos. I don’t know enough about smart things and IFTTT to know if this can be applied to wyze, but he does mention wyze.

From what I could understand he uses virtual switches in smart things to execute IFTTT functions to manipulate non smart things devices

1 Like

I just got 2 cameras, and SmartThings integration would make me really happy.

1 Like

Yup Agree same here

1 Like

Any updates?

1 Like

To bad they just announced they are stopping that service :frowning:

2 Likes