SmartThings Integration

Yes I set up virtual switches that through IFTTT will trigger the WYZE items, I use WebCore because as I am guessing you already know it allows you to do pretty much anything you want.

Thanks for the very quick reply. Yep, WebCore has a great deal of power and with the community you don’t need to be a programmer to make sophisticated jobs. I am a programmer so I appreciate the simplicity and also how it works. The future with the new ST API will hopefully improve the ecosystem.

I hope the new API ends up being a good thing. I, like you, also hope for WYZE integration with SmartThings, it would make the things I do so much better

1 Like

What system are you using for the tiles?

YES, Smartthings integration would be HUGE.

@PaulieB It’s an add-on for SmartThings. https://www.actiontiles.com/

1 Like

Yup…ActionTiles…works well and I am using an old Android tablet running Fully Kiosk (or any web browser)…So much better than trying to view everything on your phone.

2 Likes

I just got my first Wyze camera and I’m excited to get the other sensors connected to my camera (currently placed in my Chicken Coop). I’d love Smartthings integration so I can connect the camera and the sensors into WebCoRE. My ultimate goal would be to get a notification if I forgot to put the chickens away after sunset (based on Wyze contact sensor).

1 Like

Please please add Smartthings support. I have now installed four friends houses with Wyze cams and integrated with Smartthings using IFTTT to at least pass Motion signals, but relying on a third party service is not a great solution.

Yes. As a new user of Wyze and a long-time SmartThings Automator. I would think it would be amazing to integrate into SmartThings. just think of the sales boost if you were to do so! Everyone is looking for small, well-made devices and Wyze ticks those boxes.

Ive bought a handful of wyze devices thus far, and want to proceed with a bunch more, but until ST integration happens Im dealing with a way too patchwork of a system to invest more money into it. PLEASE offer ST integration.

3 Likes

How many votes should a wish get in order to be upgraded from “maybe later” to “during our lifetime”

1 Like

The votes are considered when designing our roadmap but there are also other considerations that factor into prioritization. So there really isn’t an answer for that one. Some of the higher voted requests have complications that would need to be navigated for us to make them happen.

3 Likes

Now that both Amazon and Google have joined the Zigbee Alliance, a SmartThings hub sounds even more appealing.

2 Likes

upvote for smartthings integration !

1 Like

I have to ask wyze, is it the difficult to integrate with Smart things? Your momentum has been legendary, dont slow down cross integrate as fast you can to capture the audience while they are here and not looking for a better solutions

1 Like

They kinda have a lot on their plate right now. I’m more interested in making sure that security is locked down than smart things integration myself

I think I may have mentioned this before, so if it sounds familiar, press J to go on to the next message…

Most of the Smart Things “integration” in WebCore was not done by the companies themselves. They were created by hobbyists who hacked together something that works.

A similar thing may have to happen with Wyze products.

1 Like

Whoa! Cool feature I didn’t know about. Haha.

Most forum websites like Twitter, Feedly, Facebook, et.al. use the J and K keys as shortcuts to scroll up and down feeds because you can find the F and J keys without looking at the keyboard.

1 Like