SmartThings Integration

Please, Please, Please ad Smartthings integration. I would buy so much more of your products if I could just make it work with my current set up. I love your products, but hate IFTT!

5 Likes

Definitely add SmartThings integration.

1 Like

YES, PLEASE. Wyze would CRUSH Arlo if ST integration happens. Arlo is awful.

1 Like

SO glad (as a BRAND new customer) to see this feature so high up on the wish list. I need webcore integration which would be a by-product of SmartThings integration to best tie in these cameras to my security setup and more. Without that I have to jump through painful, annoying hoops.

PLEASE get this to happen.

1 Like

Not necessarily. The new cloud integration methods, which Wyze would most likely use, don’t work with the current Groovy based webCoRE. Whenever webCoRE is updated to use the new Rules API, they should work.

I currently have my WYZE devices used in Webcore but only by associating them with virtual switches and/or using Webhooks. It works but would like to see actual integration

+1 Yes please.

Please add smartthings!

Add my vote…

If I may also ask a question @UserCustomerGwen

If Wyze does officially integrate with Smartthings, will you create a Zigbee device handler for the upcoming smart lock to connect with Smartthings or will it rely on cloud to cloud communication?

The upcoming lock does use a Zigbee gateway, but I realize that doesn’t exactly answer your question. Since Wyze doesn’t currently integrate with SmartThings, this is probably an impossible question to answer at this point.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m sorry. I have no idea what the answer to that would be.

1 Like

If the lock uses zigbee protocol somebody will write a SmartThings device handler for it. The trouble is, you probably won’t be able to use it in the wyze app if it’s paired to SmartThings.

You can use native apps and smartthings app at the same time. I have multiple Foscams, and Ring cameras and I can use their native app, and Smartthings app. They are fully supported. They can trigger actions in Smartthings, and they can be triggered by events from Smartthings.

Yes please ST integration is great!

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Alexa Wyze Skill for Outside North America

Seeing that this topic is over a year old can you tell us if Smartthings Integration is anything that is being discussed or has ever been brought to the internal dicussion table? Or if it is something that could be discussed still later or something that was talked about but waved off?

1 Like

What he means is, if you pair the new zigbee lock to the smartthings hub directly it will no longer be paired to the wayze wifi hub, in that case only the smartthings app would work.

Based on the ‘maybe-later’ in the topic of the thread it is something they have not ruled out but are not actively working on. When they start looking into it that tag will change to ‘researching’. WYZE may be able to give a better answer but you might not hear an answer for a bit as it is the weekend.

2 Likes

Are you using IFTTT with Wyze to make your virtual switches work? Webcore is sooooooooooo good.

@UserCustomerGwen ; please integrate with smartthings.

1 Like

Yes I set up virtual switches that through IFTTT will trigger the WYZE items, I use WebCore because as I am guessing you already know it allows you to do pretty much anything you want.