SmartThings Integration

They are zigbee certified, so in theory should work with SmartThings to a certain degree.

1 Like

Check it out again if you haven’t recently. I’d say it’s now 90% feature parity with Classic.

3 Likes

Really, I have not messed with it in months, I have resisted and stayed with ‘classic’ due to the items that were not working. I will have to give it another try if they are getting closer.

2 Likes

I setup Homebridge the other night and did the integration with SmartThings. When I enabled the SmartApp I did it all in the new app. It even listed the WebCore apps which I enabled months ago. It has always been a pain going between the apps but it does look like they are much closer to being fully converted so it will be nice to one have to use one going forward.

I too have been resistant to the new ST app and have stuck with the Classic app… I heard they are suppose to absorb webCoRE as an official part of ST now which is awesome… I may wait another couple of months before trying the new app out again…

I am using the Schlage Z-Wave lock. It works with Smartthings new app. I was able to set it up from there with no problems. The issue is that they have not moved all the rest of the functionality so in order to set lock codes, I have to use the Classic App to do that. But for locking/unlocking and adding to scenes and automation, it works great. I also happen to have a Garmin smartwatch and the app on the smartwatch can control any scenes you have defined in Smarthings including locking and unlocking the door. So I am 80% happy at the moment,

This is a common miscommunication from SDC. Webcore will never be absorbed by ST. SmartTHings has come out with a new Rules API that Webcore will need to move over to. They showed a proof of concept of webcore with the new API at SDC, but the Webcore devs will still need to move it.

Smart Lock Guest Access (under SmartApps) does this in the new app

Yes I have set up all my Wyze bulbs tied to Smartthings by creating virtual switches… This is a pain because of the single trigger/action of IFTTT so to turn a bulb on, change the brightness and then the color temp, you have to create an ifttt applet for every possible brightness and bulb color that you want to use and then create a virtual switch for every combination of those that you want…ridiculous. Would be so much better if Smartthings handles these natively including setting brightness and color.

That would be great…but…I am looking in the new ST app and cannot see “Smart Lock Guest Access (under SmartApps) does this in the new app”…there seems to be no search capability when looking for a new Smartapp either.

I have the SmartLocks smart app enabled in the Classic ST app but it does not show up in the new app either.

Thanks.

Are you in the USA? Should be listed like this:

Nope…nothing like that…and no I am not in the US but should not matter. I also have router level SmartDNS running and VPN running on my smartphone both pointing to the US and nothing changes. I have:
Smartthings Home MOnitor
Enhanced Auto Lock Door
Smart Lighting
Color Coordinator
Keep me Cozy
Thermostat Mode Director
Speaker Companion
Door Knocker

and that is it when I hit the “Add Smartapp” button. Also, a little googling reveals I am not the only one with the same issue. I do have Virtual Device Creator but had to enable that thru the classic app.

A quick search of the SmartThings community forum and I found it does matter, it is not available outside the US currently.

Yeah, the new app restricts various things by your Samsung account region. No idea why it would matter for Smart Lock Guest Accessibility, though :man_shrugging:t2:

Supposedly the new WyzeLock is Zigbee based, so it will be interesting to see if it can be linked to Smartthings…

Hmmm…again…now to figure out how to change the country associated with my Samsung account. It appears Samsung believes that people never move and therefore never need to change the country associated with their account.

I know we are getting off topic from the original intent of this thread but I appreciate the help. Don’t want to spend a bunch of money with rboys to get something Samsung has already released.

The only way I see to change it is to move your hub, but I am not sure

Do a site to site vpn to the US?

It is indeed zigbee 3.0, so in theory you can link it to SmartThings, but not at the same time as Wyze.

I’ve heard support can Change your account’s region. But there’s no telling what other side affects that will have (galaxy phones, tablets etc).

Does not work. It is base on the Country set in your Samsung Account Profile.

+1 on this!!