SmartThings Integration

This is the single dealbreaker for me. It’s the difference between owning 1 camera out of curiosity and owning 8 cameras for actual usable integration into my system.

I have to agree KenA. I just received my Wyze Sense Starter Kit yesterday and set it up. I am a bit concerned about connectivity to the “bridge”. It seems a bit temperamental with maintaining connection to the sensors. I could have my entire house armed with these sensors if they were ST or Alexa compatible AND the didn’t need a camera bridge nearby. The second concern, a camera nearby, is a new concern for me after setting up two contact sensors and a motion detector…all three of which became “Offline” multiple times for no apparent reason. The Camera/Bridge was right next to them the last two times it happened and the only way I was able to resolve it was to restart the camera. Not acceptable if these are guarding windows/doors/ammo cabinet/etc. Also, at times there was an unacceptable delay win the Wyze app which was not repeatable. Also, unacceptable with a native app for sensors. Right now my SmartThings Motion Detectors are working perfectly with Alexa and Alexa Routines. I have two and am using them to turn lights on and off. The work very quickly and the mounting system is brilliant. If they were smaller and less expensive I wouldn’t be perusing the Wyze alternative. Meaning, if Wyze would get theirs to work reliably and quickly with ST/Alexa I’d buy them in 6 packs!

Please add ST I’d add 6 more cameras if you did.

ST adding support for WebRTC in Q1 2020. Maybe by then Wyze will be done with their cloud upgrades and @WyzeFrederik can work his magic :slight_smile:image

2 Likes

It is imperative if Wyze wants to be the leader they open the platform to allow automation enthusiasts to integrate with other home automation control systems. There are many open source devs that could help Wyze build this integration. Unfortunately Wyze is keeping their platform very closed source. I don’t understand why your servers can not provide an API gateway that would allow an authenticated user key to be able to stream his/her cameras over a secure link? If that were so you could easily simplify these integrations to smart things with a device handler.

I suggest Wyze make this higher priority for 2020 - my future of buying any other Wyze smart home product is strongly dependent on having a SmartThings integration.

1 Like

I would love to see some SmartThings integration. I own way too many zigbee/zwave sensors, switches, lights etc… Love the camera so far, but I only buy home automation devices that I can add to my SmartThings account ootb. Please make me buy some Wyze sensors/lights/outlets!

I am using WebCore to integrate WYZE with SmartThings, it is a work around and I do want seamless integration, but for now that is what I am doing.

1 Like

I recently removed all of my device handlers/smartapps and uninstalled the Classic app. I really just would like to see that seamless integration w/WYZE. If I add a device in smartthings I just want to pick WYZE/auth and have it add all of my WYZE devices the same as I can do with my Logitech harmony hub/TPLink accts etc. Workarounds are great, but from what I’ve seen you end up having lots of people throwing in code that they just don’t understand just to get something to work. Is it better to have thousands of users fumbling around with hacks or 1 dev to integrate something and make it easy for users.

3 Likes

I agree and would love not to have to mess with doing all the things I do now to get them to work

2 Likes

I hope Wyze will make RTSP and MPEG Format Standard on the Wyze cam firmware along with HTTPs support to support secure streaming. I appreciate the effort to add a firmware support in 2018 as this helping to create an open smart home system based on open industry standards but security is something I would like to see an emphasis more put on.

Isn’t going to happen. Unless they come out with a new generation camera with a better (more expensive) processor, you wont’ see all of those at once. The cam’s processing power is already maxed out, hence RTSP being a separate firmware.

1 Like

There’s a #wishlist topic for the next gen camera which already includes the suggestion that it include “built in” RTSP. You may want to hop over there and vote for and/or comment on it:

I would rather see integration with Hubitat than SmartThings, but I do have both.

Hubitat, like Wink, does not require a cloud connection.

Any news with Smartthings integration? Thanks.

Welcome to the community, @panelero. I have moved your comment to the relevant #wishlist topic. :slight_smile:

Search Wishlist (enter your search word/s after #wishlist in the search box)
Search Roadmap (enter your search word/s after #roadmap in the search box)

Please read through How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

1 Like

Yes, SmartThings integration please.

+1 for ST integration! I would definately go exclusively Wyze if you did… I would replace several other cameras of a different brand with more Wyze cams if you did…

2 Likes

I’m less concerned about the cameras working with ST, but the other sensors and such. The big one though is the door lock, if that will integrate with ST then I will be buying three when they launch.

1 Like

I like the Wyze Product but won’t be ordering any more if they don’t integrate with Smarthings. Your app is not “smart” enough and obviously is not able to control other manufacturers devices. So don’w wast time building a smart ecosystem that duplicates many out there. Do what you do best which is great hardware at cheap prices. Leave the rest to Smartthings and other hub controllers.