SmartThings Integration

Or how about an API that would allow SmartThings “Wyze SmartApp” to be developed? Personally the video from other integrated cameras (Arlo) didn’t provide a much benefit in ST. What would be nice is to have an API so a ST SmartApp could …
-change Wyze modes/settings
-trigger WyzeCams to record
-get notifications from Wyze
Basically a direct API to bypass IFTTT; that would benefit other platforms too (HomeAssistant, etc).

For video I would prefer to accept security risk of a long unique URL for direct MPEG video stream to each camera. I think this would allow for NAS and showing video on browsers & dashboards (like ActionTiles).

I know of TinyCam and RTSP firmware but they each have drawbacks.

4 Likes

I use SmartThings and you can use a work around to integrate it by using IFTTT and WebCore, I have the bulbs, sense, and cans all integrated. It’s not perfect but it works.

Yes, this is possible, but additional interfaces are normally slower than native and not everyone is comfortable using ifttt. Hence, why a lot of interest.

2 Likes

I agree it does slow it down, I also would like native support. I am just saying there is a temporary way if you are willing to do the extra work.

1 Like

Yep, temporary being the operative, LoL.

Hopefully temporary, this wish-list is still in “maybe-later” and they said no promises sadly. I did the same thing as Jason and depending on IFTTT’s performance at any given time, there’s a good 2 to 20 second delay. Sadly not good enough in some scenarios but okay in others

As I use smarthings, I’d love to see integration, Enjoying my cameras so far.

2 Likes

I would love to see integration also, until then I use the work-arounds. If I can at least tie it in somehow I will use it.

1 Like

The largest delay I have is about 4 seconds and so far it has worked for me, but obviously native integration would be amazing.

1 Like

Hi Jason, just curious… What type of automation do you use with your Wyze Cams? I’m an inquiring mind … and I need to know!! :slight_smile:

The only integrations I have with the cameras currently are at night I have my porch light come on with motion detected from the camera on my porch. If you want more specific, the camera triggers a virtual SmartThings switch through IFTTT, the SmartThings switch in turn triggers a WebCore script that checks that it is after sunset and in turn triggers the light. Usually takes about 3 seconds and I can live with that. When the virtual switch is triggered it also runs a second script with a 4 minute timer, after the 4 minutes it shuts the light off. That is to avoid the light turning off after the 5 minute cooldown, otherwise it would see the change in light as motion and trigger it all again.

I have new Wyze bulbs that I want to go on when camera motion is detected and turn off 5 minutes later. Easy right? Nope!

If it was integrated into SmartThings it would be. Just use their Lighting automation routine! However without it I have to add in IFTTT (with its delay) and then Webcore and write code. Come on Wyze, PLEASE add the integration!

2 Likes

Just on a side note if you are using the camera to turn it on you need it to turn off prior to 5 minutes or the camera will think it is motion and you will end up with the never ending loop.

• 1 for integration with Smartthings. I just have a couple Wyze cameras right now, and they are at a good price point, and they just plain work well. I would buy more if it was integrated. From a commercial stand point, it just makes sense to make your product work with another popular product for exposure to the market and eventual revenue increase. A few weeks of R & D and this could be implemented and rolled out, then watch your sales increase. Smartthings is growing in popularity due to its configurable nature, I think it would be wise Wyze, lol.
1 Like

Smartthings support… and end.

1 Like

Agree. I ahve Smartthings and will probably not be purchasing anymore Wyze if they dont integrate with ST very soon… ST is far more advanced than Wyze and I certainly dont want two systems to manage and overlap… Wyze will have to go

This is a must! Please make it happen… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really like Wyse products and their business model but can’t see buying more in the future without Smartthings integration. Plus if there was integration Wyse would become my preferred option.

1 Like

I would also like integration as that is what I use, but as a work around for now I integrate using IFTTT and WebCore

1 Like

I just got two Pan cameras after my friends and coworkers bragged about your cameras for months. I love them! Thanks for making great, affordable cameras. If you had SmartThings integration my mind would be blown. You would have the best cameras period. Please integrate with SmartThings.

Keep on rocking. Thanks again for the wonderful products.

2 Likes