SmartThings Integration

Any recent updates on this from the Wyze team? More votes than Homekit yet still listed as Maybe-Later.

While I’d love to make use of it on Homekit (especially with the new features announced at the iOS 13 reveal), there’s a lot more integration and automation available with SmartThings and I definitely won’t be buying anything from Wyze until the support is there.

4 Likes

DO NOT INTEGRATE WITH SMARTTHINGS. They are not so smart.
SmartThings are Zigbee and most of SmartThings devices are not allowed by Samsung to integrate with any other ZIgbee hubs. Few integrate as simple generics only. Until Samsung opens up its usurpation of Zigbee DO NOT INTEGRATE WITH SMARTTHINGS.
But do make an effort to integrate with other fully open WiFi hubs such as VERA current hubs (runs Z-wave, Zigbee, WiFi and BT).

Z-Wave and Zigbee are two totally different communication standards, Zigbee being subpar. It’s more likely Samsung chose not to support Zigbee (like many other manufacturers) due to this and other reasons (such as low usage rate compared to Z-Wave and added cost).

This should not matter to Wyze and I fully expect SmartThings integration if they wish to please their consumer base.

Edit> and get me and others like me to spend money.

1 Like

Bro. :shushing_face:

1 Like

SmartThings hub fully supports Zigbee. In fact, due to the massive SmartThings open source development community, many Zigbee devices/sensors that were never intended for SmartThings pairing have been paired and work beautifully. I have dozens of these with custom device handlers.

This guy is ranting about SmartThings’ Zigbee devices/sensors not pairing with his Vera hub. That sounds like a Vera problem.

Anyway, he’s way off topic screaming about Zigbee and Z-wave interoperability in this Wyze/SmartThings integration discussion.

4 Likes

I know the SmartThings hub supports Zigbee devices, I took their message as there are certain Samsung-brand sensors that are not Zigbee-compatible.

1 Like

what a weird post. The past two generations of SmartThings sensors have been Zigeeb HA1.2 (previous gen) and Zigbee 3.0 (current gen) certified. This by nature means they can works with any Zigbee certified hub. I’ve personally directly connected a SmartThings Multisensor to an Echo Show for my wife’s family. I know Hubitat supports their devices, too.

2 Likes

I understand that you are big fan of Samsung SmartThings and that you are capable and have time of hacking, tweeking, kludging and making SmartThings into something it is not for any other people.
The subject is SmatThings Integration with WYZE. YOu and others want the integration - I do not for obvious reasons - SmartThings, are being self-sertified to be Zigbee - and obviously they do not work with most self-certified Zigbee hubs.
Zigbee, although it is super duper - has not been and still is not good enough and too complicated – this necessitated the invention of Z-wave (not invented in USA) and this is what works. Maybe one day Zigbee will be good.
No as to Samsung and SmartThings - the community did not provide any integration help with other than SmartThings hub. And Samsung makes certain that SmartThings do not work with any other hub - no support no publishing of “drivers” etc etc.SmartThings integration with WYZE.
Instead of proving me wrong or discussing and counting votes the SmartThings crowd with Wyze assit employed trumpian/republican approach: delete the vote they do not like, complain to Wyze because they do not like my opinion and cause Wyze to stupidly censor perfectly fitting opinion.
Really smart. Wyze - what a oxymoron.

Yikes.

From what I can tell, the current SmartThings hub supports Zigbee out of the box so I don’t know what you’re rambling on about.

Regardless, I don’t care to boycott SmartThings even if they straight up didn’t allow Zigbee because I have a SmartThings device and therefore I want SmartThings. If you want it on another hub then go and vote or make a new suggestion. Don’t come to other threads and make a stink to “prioritize” your hub or whatever it is your expected outcome is.

Also, keep politics out of a feature request for a security camera… it just makes you look crazy.

2 Likes

“Instead of proving me wrong or discussing and counting votes the SmartThings crowd with Wyze assit employed trumpian/republican approach: delete the vote they do not like, complain to Wyze because they do not like my opinion and cause Wyze to stupidly censor perfectly fitting opinion.”

The issue here is SmartThings Integration. To be clear, people are here to learn about Wyze and Smartthings and deserve some respect. This is not a forum for the insecure to prove themselves worthy (need to be right). This is not a platform for attacking those with alternative political positions. This is not a discussion on whether or not Wyze is smart enough to accept your personal opinion. Please stick to the topic or find a political forum where you can vent your rage on those who do not agree with your personal opinions.

1 Like

I cannot figure out what you are on about.
Fine… hate smartthings peripherals if you would like (I agree… they suck) so don’t buy them!
Buy monoprice or hue or leviton or GE or tp link or wemo or cree or eaton or lifx or schlage or osram or sylvania or sengled or kwikset or yale or enerwave or ecobee or honeywell or zen or netgear… can go on and on… Point here is that the smartthings HUB is a highly compatible/integratable system that has the ZIGBEE and ZWAVE protocols.
P.S. I understand the need for plug and play novice systems like wink as well.

2 Likes

i’m not even sure what Samsung’s implementation of zigbee has to do with Wyze? “nobody” is rambling on and on about things that have nothing to do with a potential Wyze and SmartThings integration. Wyze obviously wouldn’t use zigbee integration since their sensors aren’t zigbee. if Wyze were to integrate with SmartThings, then it would be cloud-to-cloud. The same way they integrate with IFTTT, Alexa, Google Home, etc.

2 Likes

I don’t see the problem, if Wyze integrates with SmartThings, and you don’t want to use it,
You don’t have to, pretty simple

4 Likes

@nobody, your post was hidden automatically because it was flagged by other members. We (the mods) have restored your post twice now because it doesn’t violate the Community Guidelines. That is what Wyze requests us to do with posts like this. :slight_smile:

To all commenting on this thread, some of these comments are bordering on personal attacks. Please refrain from doing so and keep your replies civil and on topic.

3 Likes

Sure – somebody hits with fascist attack – and all I have to do is thank them.

Civil – does not mean forgiving.

I understand that moderator job is not easy – been there done that – but Wyze did not ask you to delete messages just because they express opposition to efforts to Wyze doing something to be communicating with SmartThings until SmartThings does an effort to be more open than it is.

1 Like

The moderator didn’t remove the post. It was removed by the forum software. The moderator manually restored your post.

Thank you for clearing this. My apology to the moderator.

1 Like

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

I’m in favor of the SmartThings integration. (I have this)

I’m in favor of the Wink system integration. (I have this also)

I’m in favor of Hubitat integration. (I don’t have this)

Wyze is slowly building up a collection of smart home automation devices. It would be in their interest, IMO, to have some direct integration, rather than relying on third party connection services, such as IFTTT.

Since they did not build, particularly the sensors, around a common standard such as Z-wave or Zigbee, then additional integration at the API level is going to be required.

6 Likes

I apologize if my response was not clear. @UserCustomerGwen explained it better than I did. I’ll try to do better next time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes