SmartThings Integration

There is not a Matter chip as Matter is a purely software based solution but some of the chips are optimized for Matter or in the case of ESP32 have the SDK compiled and tested as part of the Matter development process.
The only requirement that Matter is putting in place is that the device should be supporting IPv6 and (optionally) Bluetooth for provisioning. So there are a lot of devices that are meeting that criteria. But since Matter is still under development, we have no idea the memory size that will be required, the amount of compute that will be required too, which makes predicting which existing devices to be compatible near impossible.
So specifically on the camera v3, I’m pretty confident that we have the amount of compute. I’m not about the amount of flash memory that we have and I don’t know how much work it will take to get Matter working with the ingenic T31X and last I don’t know how much it will take to make sure that we are not breaking any of the integration that we have with the Wyze ecosystem and the support for WebRTC. We are just too early to answer that.

7 Likes