SmartThings Integration

I concur that Samsung’s business model makes sense for their market. I am a developer, so I choose to now use HA as they have deprecated many valuable features that they offered, and they also plan to remove all Groovy based custom drivers in phase three or four of their master planned migration.
Home Assistant allows anyone with the need or desire to truly customize, free reign to do so.

I keep checking back here every so often hoping something’s changed with this. It’s a shame because this would be a really great integration.

4 Likes

Honestly, I’ve had no luck with SmartThings for this whole year.

I just migrated all my virtual devices from SmartThings over to my HA node.

I’m running some z-wave Samsung sensors and outlets using whats left of the SmartThings hub.

now there is no point of this topic. with Wyze Home Monitoring it seems to me Wyze is going proprietary for the smart home and automation.
I don’t think Wyze will ever integrate with smartthings.

I don’t think it changes the chances of it happening since I still wouldn’t consider Wyze a home automation platform. But maybe I’m an optimist and won’t consider it dead until @Frederik says it ain’t happening :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

For the moment it’s not in development. It’s not excluded and we are working on a project that will be a step closer to making it happening. As a SmartThings user myself, that’s an integration that I would like to see happening and rooting for.
Right now, I’m pretty sure that there is no chance for it to happen in the next 7 months (end of Q2). Pretty much all the resources that we have are already committed until that time.

8 Likes

Disappointing news but I much prefer disappointing news and expectations set then no news and radio silence so thank you.

1 Like

Rather unfortunate news, looks like I’ll be passing up on the new v2 sensors, not too big a fan of being locked into a single ecosystem.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the update. Not quite what I wanted to hear but it’s way better than not knowing the status.

Agreed with the others, very appreciative of an update on this. Obviously not what we want to hear, but at least now I can unsubscribe from this thread and move on with my life, lol… and unfortunately also unsubscribe my hopes and dreams of using more Wyze products in the future. Dang that v3 Cam looked nice too.

4 Likes

Google Nest and SmartThings are now fully integrated. There’s no reason to use subpar, no-integration products like Wyze anymore. Anyone invested in a real home automation platform has already moved on.

4 Likes

Crisp330,
You captured my thoughts perfectly! Wyze does not recognize the potential here for those who already invested in devices and are not looking to throw the baby out with bath water on this particular need. I will also unsubscribe and move on with life.

Thanks,
RT

I would have hope for better news… I was holding on purchasing more wyze product. I have a lot of SmartThings compatible device and I’m not switching to wyze eco system. Sorry but I do still believe wyze are releasing way too many product at the same time and not focusing on current request feature.

If other vendor can make their product compatible with smartthing in a matter of update I don’t get why wyze couldn’t do it.

2 Likes

Well, this only confirms that I spot on the decision I took like 2/3 months ago of to start looking for other brand (sadly). Also in the precise moment my Wyze sensors are giving me sh……-
It is sad……… but true!

1 Like

Wyne,
It is more than eight-month there is no update on SmartThings Integration. It more than 1800 YOUR customer voted in support of this integration. Currently, SmartThings was already supporting more than 190 Brand products. Is WYZE still don’t see a business case in this ?

@narinder
Actually you do not have to scroll up far as the last update was 2 days ago

1 Like

Thanks for your prompt response and sorry I have not looked at the latest post. I am new to form and still waiting for my Three V3. Good luck with your development. My best wishes and happy holiday to whole Wyze team

@narinder, welcome to the forum and happy holidays to you

I do not work for Wyze, I am just a volunteer, but I will pass along your well wishes. I do know they are researching the integration but need to get some others they are already working on working properly before starting another.

I would love to see the Wyze camera and sensors available on Smartthings. This would help provide a single app to view everything.

2 Likes

Yes please.