SmartThings Integration

I am using WebCore to integrate WYZE with SmartThings, it is a work around and I do want seamless integration, but for now that is what I am doing.

1 Like

I recently removed all of my device handlers/smartapps and uninstalled the Classic app. I really just would like to see that seamless integration w/WYZE. If I add a device in smartthings I just want to pick WYZE/auth and have it add all of my WYZE devices the same as I can do with my Logitech harmony hub/TPLink accts etc. Workarounds are great, but from what I’ve seen you end up having lots of people throwing in code that they just don’t understand just to get something to work. Is it better to have thousands of users fumbling around with hacks or 1 dev to integrate something and make it easy for users.

3 Likes

I agree and would love not to have to mess with doing all the things I do now to get them to work

2 Likes

I hope Wyze will make RTSP and MPEG Format Standard on the Wyze cam firmware along with HTTPs support to support secure streaming. I appreciate the effort to add a firmware support in 2018 as this helping to create an open smart home system based on open industry standards but security is something I would like to see an emphasis more put on.

Isn’t going to happen. Unless they come out with a new generation camera with a better (more expensive) processor, you wont’ see all of those at once. The cam’s processing power is already maxed out, hence RTSP being a separate firmware.

1 Like

There’s a Wishlist topic for the next gen camera which already includes the suggestion that it include “built in” RTSP. You may want to hop over there and vote for and/or comment on it:

I would rather see integration with Hubitat than SmartThings, but I do have both.

Hubitat, like Wink, does not require a cloud connection.

Any news with Smartthings integration? Thanks.

Welcome to the community, @panelero. I have moved your comment to the relevant #wishlist topic. :slight_smile:

Search Wishlist (enter your search word/s after #wishlist in the search box)
Search Roadmap (enter your search word/s after #roadmap in the search box)

Please read through How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

1 Like

Yes, SmartThings integration please.

+1 for ST integration! I would definately go exclusively Wyze if you did… I would replace several other cameras of a different brand with more Wyze cams if you did…

2 Likes

I’m less concerned about the cameras working with ST, but the other sensors and such. The big one though is the door lock, if that will integrate with ST then I will be buying three when they launch.

1 Like

I like the Wyze Product but won’t be ordering any more if they don’t integrate with Smarthings. Your app is not “smart” enough and obviously is not able to control other manufacturers devices. So don’w wast time building a smart ecosystem that duplicates many out there. Do what you do best which is great hardware at cheap prices. Leave the rest to Smartthings and other hub controllers.

I like SmartThings and would like seamless integration also, I currently tie my WYZE devices in using IFTTT, virtual switches and WebCore, the problem I have with SmartThings recently is the fact they are pushing everyone away from the ‘classic’ app and the new app lacks some of the functionality, but that’s a different topic.

Make sure you voted in the upper left if you have not already.

They are zigbee certified, so in theory should work with SmartThings to a certain degree.

1 Like

Check it out again if you haven’t recently. I’d say it’s now 90% feature parity with Classic.

3 Likes

Really, I have not messed with it in months, I have resisted and stayed with ‘classic’ due to the items that were not working. I will have to give it another try if they are getting closer.

2 Likes

I setup Homebridge the other night and did the integration with SmartThings. When I enabled the SmartApp I did it all in the new app. It even listed the WebCore apps which I enabled months ago. It has always been a pain going between the apps but it does look like they are much closer to being fully converted so it will be nice to one have to use one going forward.

I too have been resistant to the new ST app and have stuck with the Classic app… I heard they are suppose to absorb webCoRE as an official part of ST now which is awesome… I may wait another couple of months before trying the new app out again…

I am using the Schlage Z-Wave lock. It works with Smartthings new app. I was able to set it up from there with no problems. The issue is that they have not moved all the rest of the functionality so in order to set lock codes, I have to use the Classic App to do that. But for locking/unlocking and adding to scenes and automation, it works great. I also happen to have a Garmin smartwatch and the app on the smartwatch can control any scenes you have defined in Smarthings including locking and unlocking the door. So I am 80% happy at the moment,