Smart Pill Dispenser or Bottle Cap

Currently I am planning on taking apart my WYZE Sensor and stick the circuit card inside a 3D printed pop top lid for a prescription bottle with a magnet for the latch of the lid. That way when the lid is opened a notification goes to my phone showing that it was opened. The reason for my hack is that my
wife asks me at dinner, did I take my Metformin, sometimes I know and other times I don’t. The Sensor hack would solve the problem since her phone will show her when she opened the bottle top.

Or maybe even a complete smart pill case/dispenser. These are available on the market, but I believe they are pretty costly. Wyze could probably do it cheaper and better. Would you mind if I added that to the title of this post?

5 Likes

Would Wyze do it Cheaper and better? Cheaper I can see the less expensive part of it I can see. But they would just look at another companies again and just do a small little tweak and put the Wyze logo on it in rush out the door

1 Like

Loki, sure add that to the title if you like. I only care that the tech rolls out and saves lives.

2 Likes

I would think using a regular pill case and the sensor would be easier mechanically just in the adding of the sensor than working with a bottle. Probably sturdier in the long run also
Great idea though!

2 Likes

This is very useful for people with Opioid addiction. The pills can be tracked by the doctor as well. Someway so that the pills only come out 1 by 1.