Smart Pet Door (RFID/microchip enabled)

I would love to see Wyze come out with a line of smart pet doors. I suspect a lot of people could use it. Looking for something that would allow the pet to come through but would prevent other animals from doing so. I wouldn’t begin to understand how perhaps RFID tag for the pet and a sensor on the door? I love Wyze products and have a house full. Help a fella out with a smart pet door.

There are a few smart pet door products on the market already but they are very expensive (~$200) and don’t have any integration. mostly working with either RFID but more often with implanted microchips (which is mandatory in a lot of country)
A wyze pet door that can be voice controlled through Alexa/google and is affordable, would be amazing but more importantly, with a good partnership with a large pet accessory retailer would simply be a massive visibility boost for wyze and another big way of entering more households while helping pet owners a big time!

1 Like

I would like to see a WYZE Access Control Pet Door with Camera, scan common microchip ID, which can control in and out access.
Features:

• Access control in and out with Pet microchip ID
  • Strong enough that racoon cannot flip open the door.
  • with front camera to detect who is tempering the door. stray cat, racoon or skunk
  • run on battery and AC
    -wifi and POE connection
    -Ask Alexia if my cats are back inside the house
2 Likes

Is there a way to integrate the chip my cat has to unlock a pet door? Then I would get notifications if the cat went outside so I am not out there calling her when she is sleeping in the house. We have a pet bowl that will only open for the cat and not the dog as the dog was eating all the cats food.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests.

There’s a product from a company called SureFlap that does this exact thing. Only unlocking the cat door when it reads the RFID chip.

But does it integrate with Wyze? I have a system now but I have a Wyze door sensor on it to alert me when it opens and closes.

image001.jpg

It doesn’t integrate with Wyze but they have a model that’ll send you notifications when your pet uses it.

Great idea Poe connection would be great for the smart pet door… just wonder if we would need to replace the whole door or cut out a small portion of the door for a large dog?

How about a smart Dog or chicken door?

How about a smart dog door that would let ONLY your tagged pet in or out and that could be programmed to restrict access to certain hours. Entry/exit activity would be logged.
The same could be done with a door for a chicken coop. I had one that would close at dusk, then open again for a minute to let in stragglers, then it would close again and open at dawn via photocell.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

2 Likes

Would love a wyze doggy door that is a smart door even if it is a normal doggie door that doesn’t use a senser to let only some pets out. Any doggie door i can lock/unlock or open/close from my phone would be great there is only one company i have found that has an app and its for small pets only. All others are only controlled by the pet and a key or collar. Which would be a great thing to add at some point a tag that uses Bluetooth to let the pet with that tag in and out only. But right now any kind of door with an app to open and close lock and unlock would be grear. I already have tons if your products so would love be able to use the same app and not need a new ones. Thanks for reading have a good day :slight_smile:

Someone does make an auto slidding glass door opener but it opens the full door that would let bugs and rain and where i live snow in ect. would love a plain smart doggy door.

One of the few i found but only for small pets https://buy.geni.us/Proxy.ashx?TSID=131505&GR_URL=https%3A%2F%2Famzn.to%2F3v7JbX3

MOD NOTE: This separate post has been merged to this #wishlist topic. Don’t forget to scroll up to the top and give it a VOTE.

I believe myself and many others would love if you came out with a wifi connected dog door. I’ve recently run into an issue with my senior dogs needing access to go out during the day. The issue I have is that we have a younger dog as well and I don’t necessarily want them to be able to go out and bark at all hours. I would love to be able to set a schedule for when the door locks and unlocks and a sound that plays to let them know it’s unlocked. Maybe also some way to track that they’ve all come in before it locks as well. Other wifi enabled options I’ve seen are upwards of $500 and without these features which is very expensive. I understand if it’s not possible to build something like this for less than that but I’ve seen wyze work some magic with many of their other products! Others feel free to make suggestions I may not have thought of!

1 Like

Wyze dog doors

I think it would be awesome to have a dog door made by Wyze. Where it can automatically open and close when the pet comes up to it by having something to add to their collar. Something that would keep the weather out and not leak. I would for sure buy if this was available.

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this Wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support.