Wyze Switch - Smart light switch

And these Moe’s will control the Wyze bulbs? I ask because my wife hates talking to Google to turn on lights and says she doesn’t want to have to pull out her phone every time she walks in a room. I had Hue bulbs/switches but moved to Wyze as I wanted everything in one ecosystem.

So the Lutron can control Wyze bulbs thru IFTTT? If I can’t find actual wall switches to use in a few rooms soon, my Wyze bulbs will get shelfed. My wife wants a switch and complains several times per day since I moved to Wyze bulbs 2 weeks ago.

If you utilize Apple’s Homekit you can actually use the Philips Hue switches with IFTTT Webhooks. Its a bit of a pain if you have multiple bulbs in one fixture since Wyze doesnt allow groups of bulbs to be controlled in IFTTT but you can set Homekit to run multiple Webhooks to IFTTT with one button press which is nice.

I control multiple Smart Life bulbs from contact and motion detectors. There are two ways I know of doing it.

1. Create group of lights in smart life and add rule to control while group in IFTTT
  2. Create multiple rules, one for each bulb in IFTTT.

I have it tried to do the same with Wyze bulbs but I assume it is the same.

Looking around the net it doesn’t look like Smart Life works with Wyze. Since my house has mostly Philips Hue bulbs and switches I just added another Philips Hue dimmer switch for my guest bathroom where I have 3 Wyze bulbs and I use Apple HomeKit to call three Webhooks in IFTTT to turn on the bulbs and another 3 Webhooks to turn them off. It’s a bit slow since it’s IFTTT but it works and allows my guest to use a physical switch. I am really hoping for Wyze to either make their own button or integrate HomeKit so I can have a much quicker response time when pushing the button.

Yes, please do make a smart wifi wall switch:

• no neutral if possible;
  • push “click” on/off for no fumbling in the dark;
  • schedule on/off, day, time, sunrise/set +/-, etc;
  • support multiple homes (wyze cam works, so should be ok; wemo doesn’t);
  • 3-way and dimmer nice, or could be a pricier version;
  • IFTTT, Alexa, Google, Siri, etc…

I cannot wait to throw my current Wemo switches in the garbage because you cannot run a second home from the same app/device, and because their Android app keeps crashing. Wemo general features and design maybe good to use as a model, but the Wyze implementation we trust would actually work (unlike the wemo).

2 Likes

I agree, i have a hallway that has 9 bulbs controlled by 5 switches. I would love if they release one that has dimming, and 3 way + right out of the box (comes with a dimmer and a normal switch and you just add the normal and dimming as you need to complete your needs)

If you decide to do a smart switch, I know having a unique design is important, but if you can incorporate a glowing backlight on the switch, that would be awesome. Maybe allow you to set a color tone. See https://iottysmarthome.com/. Thanks.

I would like wall switches. I currently have X10 switches for my outside lighting and some indoor lighting. X10 is about 20 year old technology and is not internet connected. I have numerous switches now failing and I prefer to replace them with something more like the Wyze system.

You have X10? You’re my hero! Not being sarcastic, I just remember X10 as being the promise of a better future (that I couldn’t afford). I’m willing to bet that you also miss Radio Shack, at least a little bit. I do.

1 Like

Yes this! Smart plugs and smart bulbs are of no use to me. i need smart wall switches, that replace my current dumb switched. This is the only way! Please make it happen Wyze! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I would definitely purchase many smart switches. More than 20. Just to get everything on same app. The plugs are good, but I have limited areas to use them. I like the bulbs as well but not all of my bulbs fit.

1 Like

Yes, smart switches are strongly needed.

I have:

• 26 non-dimmable light switch locations
  • 47, 100 watt, A-19, dimmable (used for voltage irregularities mitigation) led lamps.
  • No HVAC system
  • One front door
  • Two deadbolts
  • 11 Wyzecam v2 mounted on the exterior of the home by 25-60 ft USB runs
  • One Wyze Pan mounted on the exterior of the home by 35 ft USB run
  • 44-56 WiFi devices on a single wireless router
2 Likes

I would love to have a 120v in-wall switch that functions like the TP Link Kasa switches. It would be nice if they could function as a dimmer, and be 3 pole, and not require a neutral, but even if it was just a simple single pole on/off that required a neutral, I would still buy some. I have some lights that don’t use standard bulbs, and it would be great to operate them using the wyze sensors or the app.

A simple battery powered “dummy switch” that allowed you to control a smart bulb would also be a great product. I know that Ikea has a product like that for their smart bulbs.

2 Likes

I would love a motion sensor light switch. I know with the smart bulbs and the Wyze sense I can essentially accomplish the same thing. But I have to put a sense on each door to turn on the light. Where a motion sensor light switch would just need one switch and it would accomplish the same thing

3 Likes

I would love a Wyze light switch for the house.

2 Likes

There are four basic smart devices - cameras, bulbs, outlets, and switches. Wyze has three out of four. Hopefully they will make it all four soon

3 Likes

Wyze is also doing door locks, thermostat, door sensors, PIR sensors!!!

If Wyze can pull off a $10 or $20 3 way switch that is optionally dimmable, that would be amazing! I would spend hundreds of dollars to outfit my house!!! Please do this Wyze!!!

2 Likes

I would like to see a smart wi-if switch with ONLY on and off. There are so many WiFi dimmer switches out there (felt electric has an affordable one that goes for anywhere from 13-25$ a piece) but these aren’t usable on switches with fans. Alternatively maybe a dimmer switch with a in app feature to disable the dimmer so it can be used for those situations? We have several led ceiling fans that have the bulbs built in so just replacing with a wyze bulb isn’t an option sadly!

1 Like