Wyze Switch - Smart light switch

Let me also request for Wyze to offer Smart switches and dimmers. Hopefully I am adding to the number it requires to get Wyze to issue these. I’ve been using Lutron Caseta and I am very happy with them, but I would prefer to have one app to control all my devices. Also they are not cheap. So far Wyze seems like the one who could get that done at a reasonable price…

3 Likes

Looking forward to Wyze develop the wall switch. I would really like to have them but in the meantime I converted Wyze plug to wall switch.

5 Likes

Can you explain a little more on how you did this? 3d printed wall plate?

Yes. I was considering this. Can you do a video and link it here!?

The plate is not 3D printed it’s a regular plate I just cut a bigger holes for the Wyze plugs. Soldered wires on Wyze plug legs to power it on and connect light wire and ceiling fan wire to each plug to control it separately. I had to cut metal holder from old light switch in order to attach faceplate.
I’m sorry for rough explanation, but English is my second language and it’s just second year.

Jesus Wyze, Bandalls is out here doing the most just to recreate a product that already has broad market adoption and huge potential across your existing product line. You literally already have 98% of the code written, and mechanical parts, you just need to repackage it in a new housing.

I started using wyze products in our work office and now have brought it home. Give us a dang switch so we can use motion events to trigger on the lights so our stinking cameras can capture better footage. I’ve tried using wyze bulbs but they’re too hard to keep synchronized on switches that are manually operated. I’d preorder dozens…

1 Like

I would love to see this as well.
I don’t know if it is possible, but have one that doesn’t need a neutral wire.

My current apartment complex doesn’t have that.

True but there is more that can be done to accommodate smart bulbs…

The current solution of turning the power off is very limiting and means you cannot change the setting of the lights until you turn it on. It also means that you are invalidating the on/off feature of the bulb… This could be a problem and a true smart switch can solve those issues.

3 Likes

Blink. Blink. So we have a Wyze person advocating for a Wyze smart wall switch? Cool.

1 Like

I guess that depends on what you would like a smart switch to do and how much cost gets added. For example I have both ecobee and Meross switches. The meross switches I have are single-pole and 3-way versions. They only do off/on but I can control and schedule them via alexa and are about 12USD a switch. The ecobee switches are about 70USD each but have a lot more features. What I like about the ecobee switches is the occupancy and lumen sensors. The built-in speaker and alexa integration is a bit of a waste for someone like me who has Echo Dots placed in the home. These switches are configured to turn on if occupancy is detected AND it is dark in the room.

In your example of a “true” smart switch working with bulbs I would think an application like “Daylight Harvesting” when paired with smart bulbs would be interesting. A switch would need to know if a room is occupied, and based on the lumen readings and operation schedule know to turn on AND set the brightness of a bulb (or group of bulbs) accordingly to achieve a pre-configured lumen level.

But for many, a simple on/off is more than enough. Which is why instead of buying more ecobee switches for other rooms I went with the Meross switches and plugs.

Sorry for the confusion in most applications I would use the smart switch with dumb bulbs.

In our office setting I can’t replace most bulbs with Edison socket. Even if I could, I couldn’t justify the 10x expense of replacing every bulb with a smart bulb.

However, if I could replace every switch at the door with a wyze switch, I could turn on all the lights when one of the cameras detects motion outside of business hours.

I was using the wyze smart bulbs at home in a carport to trigger on when a wyze sensor detected motion after dusk. However because family members kept manually operating the switch, the device kept disconnecting requiring a reset. Eventually I got tired of resetting it every few days and took out the smart bulbs. Even just a basic smart switch would solve this problem as well since it has constant power to add triggers, while preserving the ability to manually turn the lights on and off.

I currently use kasa switches at home, but would “switch” in a hurry if Wyze offered their own. Which as @Bandalls demonstrated is well within their current capabilities.

Nope, I understood where you were coming from. I was more replying to Frederik about a “true” smart switch application with smart bulbs. I have some experience with commercial grade smart lighting systems and Daylight Harvesting is a big applications where power and sensor control are combined to save on power.

I’m with you, in about 95% of what I’m using in my home I have analog bulbs with a smart switch or plug handling on/off duties. All the smarts is being done with Alexa in my home for the most part.

1 Like

What is the point

Wyze ecosystem needs this more than a scale, a video doorbell, etc… this is sorely missing.

Isn’t that the truth! Market is ready for them!

Yes! Please! Dimmer light switch, and simple light switch for me. I need 10! Each! Lol :laughing:

The switch is a definite yes for me. I would “switch” out everything in the house. Get me off my last third party app and live completely within the Wyze ecosystem. The only other thing I need is outdoor lighting with RGBIC options to keep my house all kinds of pretty on the outside and in.

Hello,

Starting a new thread on this topic, since it is becoming an issue. If Wyze wants to be in home automation, then you have to have wall switches (on/off, and dimmer functions). I can’t do without these, so I’m forced to use another product (!). This really needs to be addressed. Why are we coming out with plugs and stuff before this?

Please Wyze, get this done so I can have an integrated solution.

P.S. Also be nice to have GE style in wall Z-Wave 110v outlets, instead of plugging an outlet into an existing outlet.

Les

Moderator Note: This is a merged #wishlist submission. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

1 Like

I agree! At current count, I have 11 light switches from another company…

… and I should add, I have a total of 4 fans in my house :wink:

1 Like