Smart Bulb integrated battery backup

While, yes, the smart functionality of the bulb won’t work when the power is out, but it would be able to function as an emergency light if it were to automatically turn on if the power is cut.

I’ve seen these. Great idea and I’m surprised Wyze hasn’t already done it.

I think it’s a good idea, but I’m not sure how it could differentiate a power outage from someone trying to manually turn off the light at the switch, if they’re still getting used to the bulb now being smart, or if you have guests over.

I thought this probably answered it for me

Need a powered device with battery backup to work for a period of time with loss of power. The issue is most safety lights only do that - so basically you pay for something that is only used 1 time a year. A battery backed plug or light that can:

• Turn on with loss of power and stay on for 1 hour+
  • Functions as a normal plug / light when power is available
    Ideally a light with the safety function for loss of power, night light mode, and normal mode with all the features of a smart light bulb.

Mr Beams has a product that plugs into an outlet and triggers emergency lighting in the event of a power outage. With Wyze getting into the home monitoring system biz, emergency lighting seems like a logical addition.