Small outdoor Solar Panel Charger (For WYZE Outdoor Cam)

Yeah once I get the combo right on batteries and panels, I will use dielectric grease going into a outdoor case then sealed with flexiseal. I will upload pictures tomorrow.

Awesome! Can’t wait to see it

How did your setup go?

Flawless I followed directions set up the base station first then in the base station app installed the camera. Been up over 2 weeks get all notifications & Videos & I’m still at 95% battery level.

1 Like

To be honest. I didn’t fully understand the reasonings for your instructions. Why use cooking spray on the port? Also why would you remove the plug after filling with silicon? This method is new to me so I am curious.

the non stick is so the silicon dont stick to the camera but fill the void area.You remove the made mold to clean off the non stick material then You can reinstall it for a snug fit.

Ahh I see. I will try it out soon. I’m gonna install the camera and the solar panel now actually. It’s gonna rain today but when its sunny enough ill do the silicon

don’t use a lot of non stick just enough to keep the silicon from sticking to the port very lightly

It is silicone not silicon. Very different things. A silicone or polysiloxane = flexible polymer made up of siloxane. Silicon is a chemical element with the symbol Si and atomic number 14. It is a hard, brittle crystalline solid.

1 Like

Will this work with Lexel? It’s not silicone but they advertise it behaves like it.

Edit: I used Lexel, following your instructions. Lets see how it goes I guess.

Update on day 1, after 2 hours my camera seems to have went from 96% to 85% in full sunlight. I even have the camera powered off from the software end.

I dont know I never heard of it but if its like silicone it should

I too would like Wyze to create a Wyze solar charger for their outdoor cams and not have to go through a third party. If they are not going to put that on the roadmap then I will look at other options but would prefer not to

1 Like

Totally agree. This seems like such an obvious miss on their part. An outdoor camera that you have to take down to charge every couple of months makes no sense to me.

Do you know of a 3rd party solar panel that works?