Simultaneous Streaming (Multi-camera viewing)

We are currently looking into this but don’t have a time table. Having the ability to view 4 or 6 Wyze Cams at once would improve many use cases for people with multiple Wyze Cams but most notably would help people that are security conscious or have kids.

Best,

WyzeGwendolyn

2 Likes

Is it possible to have a multi-split live stream screen ? Capable of seeing a couple cameras at the same time ?

11 Likes

Not at the present time

cast your vote here - Simultaneous Streaming (Multi-camera viewing)

all feature requests are discussed in the “roadmap” section of the forum.

10 Likes

Hello, i just want to suggest a split view. I currently use a 3rd party app (which i was part of the day 1 beta) the app i use allows for split views which are configurable and allow for 2x2,3x3,1x5,etc. I will say i use the 3rd party app due to it being compatible with most camera brands, it does not allow you to turn on or off panscan or talk to the person on camera(you can toggle sound to hear and control ptz). It would be great to be able to configure all of my cameras in a layout live view so i can watch at same time with the ability to select individually. These features would be great to add to this app. I would love ti add photos as an example but this app dont allow it to be uploaded from my phone.

4 Likes

I would love to be able to see certain cameras in a quad view / multi screen on my iPhone. This way I can monitor more than one camera at the same time. Being able to select which cameras I want in the multi screen view would be awesome!

5 Likes

You can do it with TinyCam

11 Likes

This is on our road-map and we’re considering implementing this in the next few releases.

19 Likes

I use this as a monitor for my pets. I have multiple cameras, and it would make things a lot easier to be able to jump into the main devices page and check on all my furry friends, instead of having to go into each camera individually.

I know this may not be a feature so it doesn’t use too much data, or something, but I wish it was an option that could be toggled on and off. This would be pretty much the only feature I would need so I could get rid of the baby monitors I use.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

I dumped our nest cam for wyze cams over the weekend…the first question my wife asked, was why the image on the devices page was static. I explained, and she was ok with it…but this would be an great feature…

Please add my vote. I just bought 6 of these to replace foscam system in my house. I need the ability to monitor all cameras live at the same time or I have to return these cameras. I know I can do it via tinycam, but they don’t have an app for iOS and my wife has apple. This feature is a deal breaker for us, especially since my 6 year old cameras and app have been doing it for so long.

3 Likes

I can not stress strongly enough the very real and practical benefit of an opening Live Screen view of at least 4 cameras.

If possible a simple swip to the next screen of 4 live view cameras etc etc

An outdoor version is also desirable, however if kept dry the current Wyze cameras are working FLAWLESSLY in Lake Placid, New York with -20 below temps this year.

A car cam version would also be great, as would many of the other suggested ideas.

FIRST and FOREMOST though is the ability to switch from camera to camera faster and easier and the answer to that is having the MULTIPLE camera LIVE view pages!!!

7 Likes

I agree. There should also be many more camera thumbnails on one screen. For example, my Foscam app shows 8 at a time, all with live updating.

The frame rate for the live thumbnails does not need to be very high. One frame per second would be plenty fast enough. The resolution could also be reduced to sub-720 if possible. All of this would save bandwidth while still providing the user all the info needed to choose which camera to look at in more detail.

6 Likes

I would worry more about the stability of the software! Constant rebooting needed for connection issues, no notifications for motion detection, no video for notifications, all common issues that I don’t seem to have with my Xiaomi camera and app.

Your concerns are real, however they are unfounded as many of the software programs that other cameras use easily refresh live view without notifications while in multi view, then return to the current available view with all current features when you prefer that.

Multi camera viewing is an option added to what’s available with all BASIC viewing options on higher priced / quality cameras.

I have been informed that WYZE indeed recognizes they need this feature and is currently working on available options.

Rest assured it’s coming and it will win you over to see 4 + camera views simultaneously … LIVE !!!

2 Likes

I would like the camera thumbnail to update when you “pull down to refresh”, or thumbnail images of the alter videos before this. To me, I think multiple camera viewing should be way down on the list.

Tao has answered this on Reddit this way, when asked the question:

THE QUESTION ASKED-

“Viewing live videos from multiple cameras… is that a possibility? If the frame rate dropped to 1fps in multi-cam view, that’d be fine.”

TAO RESPONDED-

“Multiple camera in one view is our roadmap. It is a big feature which will take some time to be developed. Connection stability and performance are the biggest concerns.”

RickO your RightOn !!!

Although there are numerous possibilities to alleviate the pain the current single cam view, back and forth clinkiness imparts to all of us … I see at least 4 cam multiview being necessary.

Your logic in using 8 of course would be even better and the spec suggestions support the idea without creating new issues.

My DRONE Mobile iPhone controlled car starter provides live maps tracking of our 2018 Camry XSE without a hiccup and as you point out many other camera software options do MultiView very well.

I’m likely in the minority with WYZE as I am completely Smart Homed to the MAX.

One pole revealed a large percent of WYZE owners / users only have 2-3 cameras.

I operate 10 and three others from competing brands.

The issue of bandwidth as related to multiple IoT connected home automation products is managed by the latest Modem / Wireless Routers. If you wanna play in this new (Siri for me) voice command wireless world at home you need the right support tools to go along with your fancy toys.

New Home Pod, Latest Phillips Hue lights, Smart Thermo’s, Touch Free Door locks, and wireless surveillance cameras inside and outside including the chicken coup and dog house all need the hardware devises to accomodate their streaming demands.

The addition of multi-viewing of live cameras with WYZE will not impact a properly invested in and set up Future Home with wireless Smart integration.

I would agree it’s bad needed. Be the leader not the follower.

1 Like

+1 for multi-camera livestream view (i.e. 4/8/12) app home screen that supports landscape and portrait orientation.