Show or hide camera on/off buttons on home screen

I noticed some users including myself accidentally turn on and off the camera by accident with the toggle icons being so large. Can there be a setting where you can hide it from the home screen?

I still don’t understand why I would need an on/off button on the homescreen. Who is turning off their devices that frequently?

1 Like

@victorstuber apparently enough people that use the beta app since they originally tested it there!

This will make more sense to more people once the bulbs come out. Since we’ll have that functionality and we don’t want to remove that for the bulbs when they arrive, this will probably not happen. But we’ll keep an eye on this topic. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen oh… That would make more sense for light bulbs. Doesn’t seem as necessary for cameras though.

2 Likes

I’ll share your feedback with the team!

I actually use the on/off feature for my cameras especially if I have a guest that doesn’t feel comfortable being recorded. It’s easier for me to turn them off from the Home tab but my experiences won’t necessarily match the experiences of others. :slight_smile:

An option to hide the buttons for only cameras should be trivial to implement, it’s what, an hour of someone’s time to put a setting in a menu?

I WISH there was an option to remove the ON/OFF buttons from the home page. They introduced it, I am sure to satisfy customer demand that might have a use case for it, but all it does for me is cause issues where those with access to the cameras on the app keep pressing it by mistake. Have a show/hide on off button in the config so I can hide please…

4 Likes

Please make this happen? 4 times have I hit the off switch on accident and never realized until I look at events. This is a bad feature.

2 Likes

Guys,
On the main menu of the Wyze app, in your list of groups of cameras, you have an ON/OFF button on the right side that disables the group. Why? I accidentally shut mine off a couple of times before I noticed this.

Almost every modern application places the item expansion arrow in this place. You would normally click on the right side of a list object to expand the list and see the items within. It’s such a strange place for on on/off toggle. It’s an appropriate place for on/off for a single item, but not for an expandable item. If this was just a list of groups under an enable/disable submenu, it would make sense. But if an item is expandable, the control to do so is normally on the right.

As another point, placing such a powerful control along a busy traversal point is not the greatest idea in the first place. Something requiring a bit more conscious thought to reach to disable the camera group would be proper.

I ask you to reconsider this design element and the possibility of changing it in future.

4 Likes

I have to agree, not appropriate for the camera. We’re just not turning them on and off (on purpose) frequently. Inappropriate placement. Bulbs and cameras are pretty different things, used very differently. I agree with the other poster that this could be hidden based on device type. I agree with the feature, turning off a group, but it’s just the wrong place for it. It can’t be in such a highly trafficked navigation path, in a position that normally belongs to an “expand group” control on most every other piece of software on the planet.

My wife and I hate accidentally hitting this ON/OFF button. It needs to be removed for cameras/camera groups… It’s right where a right-handed user’s thumb tends to tap.
It’s simply a poor design from a human factors/ergonomics perspective.

-Smiles

2 Likes

I made this complaint a year and a half ago after several times accidentally turning off the group. It’s the most ridiculous design, and anyone defending it should have their sanity evaluated by qualified professionals.

Get BlueMail for Android

Please add the ability to remove the ON/OFF shortcut button for cameras and camera groups.

1 Like

Disappointing we are still having to ask for this. What’s with the stubbornness? Please give us a reason for us that you can defend, or fix it.

1 Like

Another vote to remove or have option to hide it from home page. It makes crowd home page has less space, and people unintentional turn off cameras. I would say this is really bad UX design

This is a bad design, please provide option to hide this “on/off” button.

1 Like

Up-voted.
kgouldsk captures my thoughts precisely.
I have had the same issue with the “on/off” button for cameras from DAY ONE.
BTW “day one” was back in 2018, just saying.