Shortcuts and Rules with multiple if/and/or conditional triggers

This is exactly what we need so bad and I don’t understand why it would be so difficult to deliver, it’s just more of the same.

1 Like

I agree this is really the crux of this thread because today we already have multiple actions but so much power with no real ability to control it (multiple conditions) goes completely against Uncle Ben’s wisdom (not very Wyze).

I need the ability to trigger from multiple device conditions. If the door #1 is open AND door #2 is closed but there is no motion in room then lock door #1 (and perhaps only within certain time range). Smarter rules for the smartest devices. If Wyze can deliver they will begin to demonstrate a major distinction in their ecosystem.

4 Likes

I just spent the better part of the evening recreating the exact same multi-action rule for 16 different trigger cams. :angry:

By the end, I was going cross eyed trying to make sure I got them all the same.

This could have been accomplished with 1 rule and 16 “OR” triggers, not 16 seperate rules all with identical actions.

6 Likes

Allow AND in rules

Please allow the ability to have multiple device triggers for an action. IF the temperature is blow 65 degrees AND motion is detected DO turn on plug IF time is between 7am-4pm.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

5 Likes

OR-IF ORIF functionality

In the rule creation process, we really need OR-IF functionality where IF one of several events occurs, a desired action will take place.

For example: IF a person is detected on CAM1, or CAM2, or CAM3, or CAM4, or CAM5, TURN ON floodlight. Right now I have to write 5 individual rules

IF CAMERA 1 PERSON DETECTED - Turn on flood light
IF CAMERA 2 PERSON DETECTED - Turn on flood light
IF CAMERA 3 PERSON DETECTED - Turn on flood light
IF CAMERA 4 PERSON DETECTED - Turn on flood light
IF CAMERA 5 PERSON DETECTED - Turn on flood light

Additionally, WYZE seems to be a little flaky with timing. I can’t say between 9pm-5am because it doesn’t work. I have to say between 9pm-1159pm then add another rule that says between 1200am-500am

The total rules for night time monitoring of 5 cameras becomes this:

IF CAMERA 1 PERSON DETECTED - Turn on flood light - between 9pm and 1159pm
IF CAMERA 1 PERSON DETECTED - Turn on flood light - between 1200am and 500am
IF CAMERA 2 PERSON DETECTED - Turn on flood light - between 9pm and 1159pm
IF CAMERA 2 PERSON DETECTED - Turn on flood light - between 1200am and 500am
IF CAMERA 3 PERSON DETECTED - Turn on flood light - between 9pm and 1159pm
IF CAMERA 3 PERSON DETECTED - Turn on flood light - between 1200am and 500am
IF CAMERA 4 PERSON DETECTED - Turn on flood light - between 9pm and 1159pm
IF CAMERA 4 PERSON DETECTED - Turn on flood light - between 1200am and 500am
IF CAMERA 5 PERSON DETECTED - Turn on flood light - between 9pm and 1159pm
IF CAMERA 5 PERSON DETECTED - Turn on flood light - between 1200am and 500am

Now unless I am missing something, OR-IF logic capability in the rules could reduce this all down to 1 rule.

1 Like

Need to add multi triggers with “AND” and “OR”. I’d like to turn on a vent fan when the inside temperature is higher than the outside temperature. This would also require the ability to reference a sensor’s value in the trigger.

[Mod Note]: Post relocated to correct wishlist topic.

1 Like

Use difference between two climate sensors as a trigger.

“If temperature A is below temperature B then turn on Wyze Plug C:”

[Mod Note]: Your request was moved to the correct Wishlist topic for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support.

1 Like

I know this request is 4 years old, but is it really still in “maybe-later”? I’m not a programmer, but this seems very simple just to have multiple, “if this” AND “this” then… options.

Add to that list “Nor” and “Not”

Ya know…Boolean Algebra.

Every programmer on Earth should know it.

1 Like

And exclusive or (XOR).

1 Like

Ah yes, I forgot that one

But there’s moar!

Like NAND lol

1 Like

I don’t know anything about all that stuff. I’m a simple man. I just want multiple "IF"s.

2 Likes

Me and @Seapup are just bantering.

But yea…more options available the better it will be…if they work out the bugs too ya know

2 Likes

Accessing Alarm status in rules

In addition to time and day parameters in the ‘WHEN’ part of rules, if you could select Alarm status (disarmed/home/away) as a parameter in addition to or exclusive of a time/day parameter.
This way I could trigger a floodlight siren when my outside gate (not set as a home monitoring alarm trigger) is opened if ‘AWAY’ without triggering an alarm response.
I could find dozens more uses…
That would be a nice upgrade.

1 Like

Allow to more than one trigger for a rule

I use rules paired with sensors for pretty much every light, switch, and plug at home. But they are very limited on functionality by restricting to only one trigger, if you could allow to add more triggers to it with either an “And” or “Or” it would make them a lot more useful!!
For example:
If Motion Sensor 1 has been clear for 5 minutes AND Motion Sensor 2 has been clear for 5 minutes then Turn off the lights. This would be useful for large areas like a garage where a single motion sensor can’t cover all the space.
If Climate Sensor humidity < 30% AND door entry sensor is closed AND window entry sensor is closed then turn on smart plug humidifier. This could be used for humidifiers, heaters, air purifiers so they don’t turn on while a door or window is open.
If Garage door 1 opens OR Garage door 2 opens OR Garage Door Entry sensor opens then turn on garage lights, this is technically possible but would require 3 rules to work, this could also be achieved by allowing to use groups as a trigger instead of only individual devices.

I could continue with the examples but I think I have made my case, it would add a lot of possibilities to the rules feature which is one of the main reasons I get everything Wyze!

3 Likes