Shipping Charges

Loki, you are absolutely on target… This ‘Shipping Charges’ topic has managed to gain a life of its own. The issues addressed in this topic are worldwide, not isolated to just a couple places. Bottom line is 1. Customer, shop where you choose, (read the small print) 2. Realize that we live in a consumer driven world and any business wishing to survive must generate revenue to do that… Closing remark is simply this ‘Wyze is a great little company that I CHOOSE to do business with’…. End of story

3 Likes

No many people really understand the logic coming out of their own mouth…or lack there of…especially Big Monkeys!

I am sure you are correct.

Thank you

A little pig vs. a big monkey hmmm. This thread has become Wyze’s version of Animal Farm… or perhaps Animal House. :grinning: Food Fight!

1 Like

Straight from Gwendolyn

I don’t get why Wyze can’t figure out how to do a fixed price shipping/handling charge. Amazon did it before Prime (maybe they still do it?), something like $3.95 and free over $25, and many up-to-date merchants following their model. It’s a gigantic hassle to figure out what my final cost is going to be and should I buy 2 or 3 or 4 motion sensors and wondering if Wyze is going to give me a break (which they really don’t). These things weigh so little that Wyze should be able to get the shipping charge down to a fixed amount with some shipper, maybe even the USPS. I will buy anything I need from Wyze from Amazon as soon as that channel is open. I really don’t care if I pay a little more if I don’t have to play a game with Wyze to see what my best deal is.
Gee Wyze, if you are smart and wise, why can’t you figure this out???

LOL because entering your ZIP Code and two more mouse clicks is “playing a game”.

1 Like

The big Amazon giant can offer better deals, sure. And they simply add the shipping costs to their products, so you really are not getting free shipping most of the time. On the other hand, at the affordable price that Wyze offers their products, I think free shipping is unthinkable. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You should try pricing in volume. I just purchased 12 bulbs, 2 cameras with mounting kits, and motion sensor. It took about a week to get them from Wyze. I could have gotten them all, less the motion sensor and mounting kits from Amazon, but the free two day shipping added nearly $20 to the total price. So, if they added shipping into the price of each item, it would cost more on orders of multiple items.

3 Likes

Amazon also isn’t profitable, at least not based their selling/shipping side of the business. Why should wyze take a loss on their side for shipping? The only retailers doing this are large ones that can afford to take a hit, and they were basically forced to in order to compete with amazon. They’ve already discussed why they won’t do a fixed price shipping/handling charge, because you’d end up paying more per product as opposed to saving on shipping costs when bundling products together. You even said it yourself, you don’t care if you have to pay more buying from amazon. Some of like saving money on shipping costs.

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you for the feedback. When I was writing this I was really only thinking about Wyze reading it and using it as customer feedback and maybe thinking more about coming up with a better customer experience. I’m only one customer but maybe I represent a larger number who feel the same way. If Wyze wants to play with the boys, they have to do what the big boys do- FOCUS ON THE CUSTOMER!
I wasn’t thinking about the flames I might get but of course I found out. If you really care about Wyze making it , you should understand that listening to the customer (ie the ones paying the bills) is essential to a company making it. Wyze has cool products, however they are showing everybody how to it and the others will soon do it themselves and Wyze could be in trouble if they don’t continue improving in all aspects of the customer experience.Please search on Lbeck37 and check out my thoughts on a wall switch, I’m interested in what you think.
Thanks again for the feedback, I found it interesting,
–Lbeck37

1 Like

You know I was just looking at this horse that we’ve been bleeding to death named shipping charges and there’s hardly been any skeleton left maybe it’s time to bury it

2 Likes

Fine w/me

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Does Wyze look at these posts on a regular basis, like every day or two, or are there way too many for them to watch all the new posts? I’m new here and didn’t recognize that Wyze doesn’t participate in the discussion so I posted it, Where I’ve worked, someone’s job was to monitor social media and Amazon, et al and especially the company’s community page and respond to customer concerns and problems. If Wyze doesn’t read the new posts, I’ll limit my future posts to technical questions or solutions that I have,
Is there a mechanism for me to get feedback to Wyze?

This is primarily a user-to-user community as described in the Community description. While Wyze Team members will sometimes respond in the forum, it is the role forum Moderators and Mavens to pass along to Wyze any areas they see that are of widespread concern.

That said, the #wishlist and #roadmap topics are reviewed by Wyze more frequently, especially when a feature request is getting closer to implementation. Here is more info on using these forum categories: How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

If you have a specific issue that you wish to communicate to Wyze directly, the proper channel for that is a Support Request.

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

There are several Wyze employees that spend some time here, if you put the “@” sysmbol in front of their name it flags the post for them- for example @lbeck37 flags you.

@UserCustomerGwen seems to be the prime Wyze employee that interfaces with the forum. She is an excellent point of contact to get a link to the more technical resources at Wyze.

And remember they are people with jobs and often get weekends off and vacations.

2 Likes

I believe that they do have people to scan incoming posts but they are selective in which of them they reply to. Some of the subject matter posted doesn’t require a response while other issues likely catch their attention.

1 Like

Thanks