Sharing Cam

I am trying to allow my brother who lives several hundred miles from me access to one of my Wyze Cams. I tried to add his email address and it didn’t seem to save it or do anything. What am I doing wrong?

Howdy, your bro need to install the WYZE app on one of his devices. Then he needs to create an account and logon to the app.

To create a Wyze account:

1. Launch the Wyze app, then tap Sign up .
  2. Enter your email address, password, and your password once more to confirm. Tap Continue .
  3. Check your email for an email from us to verify your account.
  4. Copy the verification code from the email.
  5. Return to the Wyze app, and paste that verification code in the Wyze app.

Once he has done that, when you share your cam, send an email to the email address your bro used when creating his WYZE account. When he opens the WYZE app on his device he will get a notification that you shared a cam with him. Once he accepts the invite, your cam will appear in his WYZE app.

I hope that makes sense and best of luck.

2 Likes

Thanks…I figured it out finally. I knew that he had to have a Wyze account which he had. I also verified his Wyze account email address. When I put it in the spot in the Wyze app I didn’t realize you had to push the little magnifying glass to get it to send the request which I finally figured out.

| Known1
November 21 |

• | - |

Howdy, your bro need to install the WYZE app on one of his devices. Then he needs to create an account and logon to the app.

To create a Wyze account:1. Launch the Wyze app, then tap Sign up .

1. Enter your email address, password, and your password once more to confirm. Tap Continue .
  2. Check your email for an email from us to verify your account.
  3. Copy the verification code from the email.
  4. Return to the Wyze app, and paste that verification code in the Wyze app.

Once he has done that, when you share your cam, send an email to the email address your bro used when creating his WYZE account. When he opens the WYZE app on his device he will get a notification that you shared a cam with him. Once he accepts the invite, your cam will appear in his WYZE app.

I hope that makes sense and best of luck.

Good deal, I’m glad you figured it out. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!