Share users dont turn off cam

Hello group:
Is possible share the access with the other person and that this person dont have permission to turn off or turn on the cam?
Thanks

4 Likes

No there isn’t. You might want to hop over to the topic below and vote for it. (You must click the VOTE button at the top for your vote to count.)

Yes I am. Not well reflected in that documentation. But I just tested by turning off a cam from a shared user and when I go back to that cam in the owner’s account, it shows as off.

Hi, is it possible not to allow shared user to turn off or turn on camera. In my case, I am using it for nanny monitoring and have given access to my parents to watch. Now I don’t want them to accidentally turn on camera while it is turned off.

2 Likes

You might want to hop over to the post below and vote for it. (You must click the VOTE button at the top for it to count.)

1 Like

It also happens with me, I shared a cam with my wife account and on her phone she can turn off/on the camera as change the resolution. It is pretty bad if you want to share it someone else, they can accidentally change stuffs

3 Likes

Yep, I did :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea. this woudl be great to have control over.
My elderly grandparents are very bad with their phones and keep pressing the on/off button when they mean to tap to the left to view cam, then complain to me that “it doesn’t work”.

2 Likes

I think a guess shared account should be only for viewing and notifications only. A guess Account should have no rights to turn off camera or the settings inside the camera. I have eight cameras on my rental property’s that I share with my tenants just found out that they have the rights to turn the cameras on and off. My camera was turned off damage was done to the property was unable to find out who turned the camera off and no way to find out who did the damage because the cameras was turn off. The tenants love the feature of being able to look over the property to me this is just more eyes watching as well. We need a way to fix it that they can only view live stream and get notifications only. Why does a guess Account needs any more than that? You have a log for when you give asset to guess users but this log does not show who turns the cameras on and off.

3 Likes

100% agree with you! I hate this option for shared users. They should NOT be able to turn off my cameras OR adjust the night vision settings OR adjust the resolution either. It would be acceptable ONLY if the app gave me the option to turn on or off this permission. Shared users should, by default, have very limited control (unless I choose to give them more), otherwise this function is virtually useless. Hopefully the Wyze guys are listening.

1 Like

Same here. Need to disallow shared cameras from being turned off! Some users might turn them off by mistake, abd then… security where?

1 Like