Several newbie questions about Floodlight cam and Wyze cam V3

Thank you for the very detailed answers! After writing all of the questions, I continued to read other comments in the forum and I’d almost written this choice off. Your answers have put these units back into my top contenders :slight_smile:

I have a couple of followup questions.

Do you have experience with the PIR sensors and find they work well, particularly when both heat and motion are used to trigger events? I certainly want all human events captured but don’t want a bunch of false triggers.

A read a couple of stories in the wishlist section of the forum for Fast Forward/Rewind (Fast Forward/Rewind (and other scrubbing alternatives) In SD Card Playback - #719 by carverofchoice) where people were having so much trouble locating footage that they gave up and that concerned me. But re-reading those cases was more about locating animal activity that may not have triggered an event vs the case that I’d care about with a human triggered event. In my cases, your description of the way it works should be fine for me, though I can see benefit of FF. Thanks for these particular details.

Is the Events tab, that you speak of, in the app?

I think I may post a focused question on that. Surely there is someone out there that has experience with cold weather.

Thanks again for your detailed help. It is very much appreciated!

2 Likes