Setup, 'Connection timed out'

I was on a chat trying to get this Wyze cam v2 setup, and then it dropped. Seems like they’re not there now. I finally got through getting an acct etc and now the cam is blinking yellow blue. The first time, I heard “QR Code scanned…”. When tried to connect, “Connection timed out”. I did this five times with the same result. So I started over. I’m wondering why we have to put our wifi password in every time; I did it once years ago - and it always connects now. Paying meticulous attention to every step, after hearing “QR Code scanned” - five seconds later Ms Cam said “Connection timed out”. So I did it ALL again. “Connection timed out” on my phone again. What can I do now?

1 Like

Until you get it setup you’ll need to put in the password.
What is your WiFi strength? If it is marginal that may be a problem. If you have an SD card in, pull it until after setup.

Tried it enough times and “Setup complete”! :wink:

Put in the sd card and then remembered the guy said to unug it first. Hope that didn’t screw it up.

I had the connection timed out issue and after multiple attempts, just unplugged it and reconnected and, viola! The unit connected. No sd card

2 Likes

1 Like

Just wanted to add my recent experience to the thread … I had the same connectivity issue when trying to add a second camera. My first camera was active with no problems. Could not get the second camera to connect. Light would go from solid yellow to flashing yellow, with infrequent barely perceptible flashes of blue. It would never get past the “ready to connect” stage after accepting the QR code. I spent three days reading every forum thread and support video I could find and testing every possible scenario, with no success. The end result was that the camera itself was defective. When I ordered another camera, setup was very smooth without any delay. Just another scenario to consider when setup connectivity problems arise.