Settings Group Option

Currently I have 5 Wyze cameras and it’s a pain having to turn on/turn off the motion settings on each camera individually. We need a group option to turn them on/off. I want to purchase more of these cameras but without a group settings option, it would be too much work dealing with them.

This can be accomplished with IFTTT. You will need to make two IFTTT applets for each camera: one with the Enable Motion action and one with the Disable Motion action. You can use one common trigger for each Enable applet and a different common trigger for each Disable applet. The Enable/Disable Motion IFTTT action functions as a remote control for the in-app Motion on/off switch.

For the trigger, you can use Location to trigger the applets based on your phone entering or leaving an area. Or you could use an Email with Hashtag trigger which lets you send an email to IFTTT with a hashtag in the subject depending on which applet you want to trigger. Another trigger you could use is a simple day/time. There are dozens of other possible triggers that might work as well.

RickO, not trying to hijack this thread, but how you setup a location based IFTTT WyzeCam applet? When I select WyzeCam there is no location based settings. Keep in mind that I had never even heard of IFTTT until it was announced here a few days ago, so I have no idea what I’m doing with it.

You need to create your own applet to accomplish this (not use one of the pre-made applets). On the IFTTT site, click on My Applets, then New Applet. Click the +THIS link to create the trigger. For the trigger, use the “Location” trigger. Then for the +THAT step, use any Wyze action that you want. IFTTT needs to be installed and running on your phone to track location.

Maybe I’m just not getting it. After selecting Wyze service, l there is no location trigger. What am I missing here?

The Location trigger is not provided by Wyze. It is an IFTTT provided trigger that can be used with any IFTTT action (Wyze or not). So, after clicking the +THIS button, type “Location” in the search box and you’ll find it. (This, by the way, is why the IFTTT app needs to be running on your phone, because it is that app that is sensing your location and passing it back to IFTTT for evaluation.)

After you have selected and set up the Location trigger, when you click +THAT, that is when you search for Wyze and choose a Wyzecam action to be invoked when the location trigger fires.

The ability to combine triggers and actions from completely different sources is one of the things that makes IFTTT so powerful. You could, for example, have IFTTT post to your Facebook page every time a Wyzecam detects motion. I have no idea why you’d ever want to do that, but you could.

I created an enable and disable push button IFTTT widget to enable and disable the push notifications. You can do the same to turn off and turn on motion detection for individual or all cameras by the push of a button on your home screen.

Once you’ve gone through the setup, you can add the button to your home screen in the settings of the IFTTT applet. Hope this helps!

Kool beans! Thanks for the info!
<div></div>

RickO said (in part):
> The Location trigger is not provided by Wyze. It is an IFTTT provided trigger that can be used with any IFTTT action (Wyze or not). So, after clicking the +THIS button, type “Location” in the search box and you’ll find it. (This, by the way, is why the IFTTT app needs to be running on your phone, because it is that app that is sensing your location and passing it back to IFTTT for evaluation.)

Thanks! That was the light bulb moment. Remember that I had never even heard of IFTT until a week ago and had no idea how to use it.