Set Up V3 Camera

How do I set-up v3 camera ?

Just load the Wyze app on your Apple or Android device, then press the ā€˜+ā€™ icon in the upper-right corner of the Home tab, and select Add Device > Cameras > Wyze Cam V3. Then follow the instructions.

You should have also received a Quick start guide with similar instructions.

4 Likes

To be fair, the quick start guides included with most products arenā€™t that friendly to people that may not have eyesight correctable to 20/20 (or perhaps even better). :slightly_smiling_face:

Dear LonnieM
I did receive a Quick Start Guide but it only worked until the camera said ā€œready to ā€¦ā€, then it was not helpful. The voice command was not helpful and I only got to the QR when I had assistance. The Quick Start Guide needs some help along with a better explanation instead of ā€œgo to the appā€.

I needed Leizelā€™s assistance to finish the set-up.

Jim Bailey

The system is weak at best and the insistence that it is OK just supports the continuance of a ā€œweakā€ approach especially since I have the app. I have another camera and two plugs, all three gave me problems. It must be the customers fault.

Iā€™m confused. I simply gave you the instructions you asked for and told you where to find more. Where did I say you had fault?

Unless the Quick Start Guide changed, it didnā€™t include actual instructions.

1 Like

WildBill

Thank you for your guidance, unfortunately it was Leizel that helped while all the other information you propose was not available. The Quick Start Guide coupled with the app was useless. While it may appear to ā€œtechiesā€ that the system is under control, it isnā€™t to the ā€œuneducated customerā€.

Why isnā€™t someone following up since the system still isnā€™t working properly. There is a lot of incorrect information being delivered as fact and no-one is addressing the outstanding problems.

If you think this Guide is clear try the Guide for the electric plugs !!

Please reread the Guides from a novices point of view.

Sorry,I thought you were WYZE defending their Quick Start Guide. As you can tell they are upsetting. Thanks for your support.

Did the following help? Are you stuck on anything?

Looking at the V3 guide, itā€™s pretty much a step by step instruction on how to setup the camera.

1 Like

Wildbill

Thank you !!!
I have set it up but now I canā€™t get to the events for the V 3 camera. I seem to go back to the events from my V 2 camera. Any thoughts ???

Jim

Hard to sayā€¦are you going to the events tab from the home page? Are you viewing the SD card for one camera or the other? Do you have any filters set on the events tab?

Do you have motion detection enabled on the V3?

Dear Newshound

Sorry for my earlier response but I didnā€™t realize you were part of the Forum, I thought it was WYZE support giving me a hard timeā€¦

I have set it up but now I canā€™t get to the events for the V 3 camera. I seem to go back to the events from my V 2 camera. Any thoughts ???

Jim

| Newshound Forum Maven
February 2 |

• | - |

Did the following help? Are you stuck on anything?

WildBill

Thanks for you for the follow-up.

No SD cards involved. I used the home page, selected 1 camera and then picked the V 3 camera but only have 1 event showing, no filters are set that I know.

Jim.

From the home page, select events.

Then select the little funnel and clear all to see events for all cameras.

1 Like

WildBill

Thanks for your insight, I will try your suggestion.

Jim