Set bulb brightness & color temp by Schedule without turning on

It really isn’t a viable use case because once you remove power any smartness of the bulb is gone. The bulb has to have minimal power to maintain the WiFi connection so you can use it. The only place it would make sense to use it with a switch is if you have a spot that does not need an immediate reaction since the WiFi would have to reconnect before accepting commands.

Why cant I schedule dimming of my light bulbs anymore? I used to be able to tell wyze to dim lights at a certain time if they are already on. Now I only have the option to turn on or off with no additional options to schedule dimming. I’m very frustrated as I have invested in cameras, sensors, bulbs and plugs because I wanted a single app to control everything. I guess I will hold off on buying into the smart lock and anything else until I can figure out how to setup scheduled dimming again…

1 Like

Requesting update

Also requesting an update. Having to have the bulbs turn on to change the temperature on a schedule defeats the purpose of having smart bulbs for me.

@UserCustomerGwen
@mike.s

1 Like

I’m sorry, we’re heading into a time of year where some people aren’t in the office for the holidays and I don’t know the answer to this one. I’ll try to ping folks but can’t make promises.

3 Likes

Got an update now? I have a single bulb that turns on at 6pm to adjust its color. All others change without turning on. I’m hoping there will be a restoration for these rules soon. Thanks.

No update at this point. As a quick note, we’re rearranging some priorities for security features and I don’t know when this will be at the top of the priority list. I will bring it up again.

2 Likes

I have to recreate the same rules twice for every bulb.
Just changing the brightness and color based off time of day. Very clunky and a major sticking point for these bulbs. Buyers remorse is sinking in as I’m heavily invested only to find sub par features. It should be simple to set an intensity and color schedule for each bulb, then when ever triggered, it will adhere to those parameters unless overridden by the trigger rule itself.

4 Likes

I agree. I bought one bulb, but refuse to buy more until the software allows me to create a scheduled task to simply change the brightness and color without turning on the bulb. I never manually turn on/off the bulb because I have a motion sensor that controls it.

1 Like

I hope this option gets bumped up on the priority list!

From day one of owning the Wyze Light bulbs, I’ve always wanted to set a schedule to the color temperature. These bulbs have since been downgraded to only be used in the closet.

What’s the progress on bringing back this removed feature? The only reason I even bought these bulbs was specifically to schedule color changes without turning on or off bulbs.

It’s been over half a year since you guys broke lightbulb automation rules. It’s unacceptable to make a product worse after your customers buy it.

I can’t express how unhappy I am with this situation.

1 Like

Hi @David-4! Thank you for your patience! We heard you and we are working on making this happen for you as fast as we can. If you are an Alexa user, for the time being you can use Alexa Routines to adjust colors without turning on/off the bulbs. We’ll update our progress on this feature!

1 Like

The suggested workaround didn’t work as described. My lights turned on when the routine was triggered.

3 Likes

To reiterate what @kris92086 said, it didn’t work. I’ve tried IFTTT, Google Home, and now Alexa, and it seems that every single implementation of Wyze bulb access turns bulbs on for all actions.

4 Likes

Following. I’d love to be able to adjust color temp based on time without the light coming on. I thought I could hack it by setting a device trigger based on the light being on (and then the temp would change), but there would no way to do it without also setting the brightness.

1 Like

This has been a request from the time it became a problem. It didn’t used to be this way. Previous versions allowed an option to either power the light OR adjust the temperature, but now both have to happen. @Loki discovered the issue and reported it to @UserCustomerGwen and @mike.s told us a fix would be coming soon. That was delayed in lew if security issues, but we are well into Q2 and I’d really my lights to change temp without turning on.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m getting a little impatient for this update… I totally get that security concerns came up around December / January, and we’re dealing with a global pandemic, but still… At this rate it’ll be over a year before the bulbs regain this functionality.

3 Likes

It’s beyond frustrating that this still hasn’t been fixed.

2 Likes

Still my most missed feature. Hoping it happens this year.

1 Like

This feature is in Beta testing now! Releasing soon!

2 Likes