Set bulb brightness & color temp by Schedule without turning on

Following. I’d love to be able to adjust color temp based on time without the light coming on. I thought I could hack it by setting a device trigger based on the light being on (and then the temp would change), but there would no way to do it without also setting the brightness.

1 Like

This has been a request from the time it became a problem. It didn’t used to be this way. Previous versions allowed an option to either power the light OR adjust the temperature, but now both have to happen. @Loki discovered the issue and reported it to @UserCustomerGwen and @mike.s told us a fix would be coming soon. That was delayed in lew if security issues, but we are well into Q2 and I’d really my lights to change temp without turning on.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m getting a little impatient for this update… I totally get that security concerns came up around December / January, and we’re dealing with a global pandemic, but still… At this rate it’ll be over a year before the bulbs regain this functionality.

3 Likes

It’s beyond frustrating that this still hasn’t been fixed.

2 Likes

Still my most missed feature. Hoping it happens this year.

1 Like

This feature is in Beta testing now! Releasing soon!

2 Likes

Is this going to allow us to schedule color temp to correspond with the time of day as well? That’s the feature I’m looking for, not really a sleep timer or a wake timer.

1 Like

The team is working on it! @Stuck_in_Texas

1 Like

Wyze bulbs being set to the time of day for colour temperature is a feature I was really hoping to be present right out of the box. I just bought these so hopefully the wait won’t be much longer!

3 Likes

I have some Wyze Bulb’s in our bedroom and I would like to change the brightness and color at night like around 9PM. I would like to KEEP the current state of the bulb. So this shouldn’t turn the bulb on or off, just change the setting. For example, I want it to be a warm white and 1% brightness at 9PM, if the bulb is on, it will change and if it is off, it will remain off but still change. So that the next time I turn it on it will be warm white at 1% brightness.

1 Like

That is how it used to work until a firmware upgrade broke it. It is this feature that influenced me to purchase the Wyze bulbs over the competition.

2 Likes

What do you want to do with this Wyze Bulb feature?

I cant speak directly for @IT4wrkRV4fun but most I have talked to like to set the brightness and temp at certain times of the day so when the bulb turns on that part has already been set. For example I have a bulb that I want at warm white and 25% if it is turned on after 10pm. So at 10pm I set it to go to warm white and 25% without turning it on. Then at 11 when the bulb gets turned on by someone it doesn’t have to adjust since the brightness and color were already set. We used to be able to do this but an update broke it.

3 Likes

Exactly what @WyzeJasonJ said. Turning on via Alexa, for example, would come on at the preferred color & temperature. Also, a light that is on will change as scheduled, but a light that is off would remain off.

Additionally, it would simplify programming sensor triggers and schedules by not needing to specify brightness and temperature for each of them.

We want to be able to set a trigger without a bulb having to turn of AND change color. We just want one at a time.

1 Like

So, it’s been a year and I’m still waiting on this feature. Has the dev team made any progress on this? I understand its still “in-development,” but that does not necessarily mean it’s being actively worked on. I would love to alter the color temperature of my bulbs WITHOUT having to turn the lights on (e.g. shift to warm light at 8:00PM for when I happen to activate the lights at night. Then, shift to a colder light at, say, 8:00AM for daytime use.)

1 Like

@Jgsherw

If you are not opposed to a temporary workaround until WYZE gets this implemented you can use Alexa to achieve this, that is what I have done.

Yeah, I appreciate that a workaround exists, but I’m not an Alexa person. I’ve got no Amazon devices, so for me, I don’t think it’s worth figuring out how everything works in Alexa’s world just for this feature. I’d rather Wyze release an update (particularly since developers last year said they’d work on it) rather than rely on a third party to get this to work…

I am not an Alexa person either, that is about all I use it for and it just requires an app (yep another app). I can appreciate not wanting to do that, just figured I would throw it out there as a (hopefully) temporary option.

1 Like

Any update on this request? Really want to just be able to schedule changes to brightness/temp settings without actually turning on the bulbs.