Service Issue on 11/24 - Can not view live stream outside of local network

I’m not sure which cameras you have so I’ll give you all three links. :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that the login isn’t working! I… Don’t know how to troubleshoot that yet. I’m sorry. My best advice is to try a different device/browser but I don’t know if that would fix it.

Before I even type in the password, the login box says “wrong email” . I am certain the email is the same as my account.

Hi,

Any estimate for how long we have to wait for this issue to be resolved?

I just got my cam and I don’t know if it will work, without much hassle, with my cellular network.

Thanks for your help.

Hello, tooraj!

Sorry about this being your introduction to your camera. I don’t have an ETA on the long-term fix yet but there is that temporary fix through firmware available if you need it. This is our top priority fix and our dev team has been working on it since we found out about the issue. We apologize for not having more information at this time but we’ll get this resolved ASAP.

It definitely should be. I’m going to tag @WyzeDongsheng here in case he has time to see this and has any other ideas.

I’m 1,200 miles away from my cameras. I have 3 cameras and can not view live on any of them. I’m still getting notifications, and after 4:43PM I can’t view the captured videos (network timed out after trying to download). I haven’t tried the upgrade link as I I doubt it will work since I can’t connect to my cameras.

UPDATE: I stand corrected. Using the web link above DOES upgrade my cameras remotely. At least one so far. I will try it on the other two. I have live view back on one and all the captured video clips are working again.

UPDATE 2: All 3 of my cameras are working with live view as are the captured video clips. Thank you!

I have v2 camera. From where do you download the firmware?

Thanks! The firmware files are actually attached to the post. They’re the .zip files on there.

Hi WyzeGwendolyn,

Thanks for the prompt response. Ok I updated the FW and now I can use the camera without WiFi and on my cellular network.
Now my question is after you guys resolved the issue, do I need to update the FW again?

1 Like

You’re welcome! Happy to hear that the firmware helped.

I honestly don’t know if there will be another firmware update after we find the resolution. We’ll post updates as we get more information. :slight_smile:

I have never had this problem ever since I got my first Cam In June Not even last week when there was the major problem But now, I checked last night and today, And I cannot get a live view on any of my 6 V2s While I’m on the cell network , Cam pan does work though

Ok, that worked. Camera is online wifi at least. Have not tried out of wifi. Hope this whole issue gets resolved soon!

Flashing the cameras via the remote UI brought my two cameras back up as well.

Also, as a UI designer, hats off to the team that made that site, nice and clean and slick. Now if they could just add other management functionality into it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ll pass the kind words to the developer . :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aw, shoot. We’re sorry, HDRock. Do you want to try the temporary solution firmware fix?

1 Like

This is more than a service issue. Twice in a week and 24 hour outages both times. Two locations with no access to cameras, workarounds given not a restoration of the services

RSTP shouldn’t be that difficult, seems more of a choice for Wyze not to pursue.

Put the controls in the hands of those that don’t want to rely on Wyze if this is the new norm.

Thanks.

Both my cameras are back online after doing the update. Thanks guys for busting your butts over a holiday weekend for us.
Unfortunately now my cameras show everything covered in Midwest snow.
Can you please brick my cameras again until spring and sunshine? Kthxbye

2 Likes

That temporary Firmware upgrade seems to have worked on 5 out of 5 of my cameras when viewing Live Stream from outside of my local network.

I used Chrome on an iPhone XR, and the web page displayed well. Even in Landscape, I had to scroll horizontally a little bit to see the Upgrade button. Not a big problem, since the horizontal scroll bar was a big tip off. :wink:

Thanks for responding to the problem so quickly, and with clear instructions! Lee

1 Like

Unfortunately the temporary fix did not work for both of my V2’s or my Pan. It does show they have been updated to the latest firmware and are online. I will have to check them again when I get home.

1 Like

let us know what you find out. especially what is the status light doing. thanks