EDITED WITH UPDATE: Service issue on 11/19 - Cannot see live stream outside local network

Hi, folks! Here’s an update for the service issue. :slight_smile:

Issue: On 11/19, beginning in the early morning and going through 3PM PST, a many Wyze Cams couldn’t provide the live stream outside of their local WiFi network.

Root cause: There was a server update from our streaming service provider end intended to help improve server load balancing. However, during the update the DNS (Domain Name System) registration was not updated promptly. This caused most Wyze camera traffic to go through fewer servers and eventually the servers were overloaded.

Fix: Fixing the DNS registration issue resolved the problem. Wyze service returned to normal around 3PM PST on the same day.

Our plan moving forward:

1. Wyze will work closely with our provider to enhance our service operation and outage escalation processes.
  2. Wyze will setup more metrics for detecting service issues sooner.
  3. Wyze will work on a backup service plan to mitigate future service issues.
  4. Wyze will work on app/website updates to better inform customers about unexpected service issues.

While this issue is resolved, sometimes you may have difficulty connecting to your Wyze Cams for other reasons. If you are having trouble with this, please contact customer support using this form: https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Service issue on 11/19 - Cannot see live stream outside local network

Some cameras may be experiencing issues connecting to our servers. This results in the camera flashing blue and it may give you Error Code 90 within the app. Our engineering team is working on it as quickly as possible; it is a top priority this morning. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have the issue resolved quickly.

The issue appears to mostly be affecting cameras that may have recently been disconnected from the servers. If the camera is already connected to the network, it should be fine. We recommend not resetting the connected cameras because they may lose the connection until this issue is resolved on our servers. If a camera loses connection, it may not be able to connect back for the time being until this problem is resolved.

At this time, any new camera setups may not be able to complete.

The issue does not appear to be affecting Event Recordings.

Sorry for the inconvenience! Thanks!

2 Likes

Last successful notification came at 8:33 EST this morning. Unable to access V2 Wyzecam outside local network, made the mistake of power cycling…

*edit - notifications are coming through, live feed no beuno

I started getting this yesterday when I inserted a micro SD card. any chance that is connected? It happened inside the house also one time.

I can’t access my camera outside the network. My girlfriend can’t access hers either. Hopefully this is fixed soon…fingers crossed

You can view any updates to this issue here - https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015979872-Service-Status-Known-Issues

2 Likes

All 11 cameras are down with same issues this morning. I thought my cottage got broken in and I had to drive 2 hours for checking. So far still can’t connect my cameras from an outside network but I can receive the notification.

We think this has been resolved but we’re keeping an eye on it. Thank you for your patience!

Some of my cameras are able to broadcast live now and some of them still don’t work.

Could you please reboot those to see if it helps?

All the cans I reset will not come back up. I’ve cycled power…

I have three Wyze Cam V2, I can connect to two on my cellular network, and I’m getting error 90 on the third

The cams finally synced

1 Like

I keep getting an error that I have multiple attempts to connect, live stream works fine when I am home but wont stream or connect once I am out of my home. Any help would be appreciated.

How long has that been going on? Since this issue has been resolved…I would click the Support link at the top of this page and run through the troubleshooting section. If that doesn’t do it, and if you don’t get other help here from the community, file a support ticket, preferably from within the app while the bad camera is connected so that the logs are captured. You might want to submit the ticket right away because there’s somewhat of a backlog. You can always let them know it’s already resolved when they contact you.

now all back to normal

1 Like

Great! Thanks for the update!

Hi, folks! Here’s an update for the service issue. :slight_smile:

Issue: On 11/19, beginning in the early morning and going through 3PM PST, a many Wyze Cams couldn’t provide the live stream outside of their local WiFi network.

Root cause: There was a server update from our streaming service provider end intended to help improve server load balancing. However, during the update the DNS (Domain Name System) registration was not updated promptly. This caused most Wyze camera traffic to go through fewer servers and eventually the servers were overloaded.

Fix: Fixing the DNS registration issue resolved the problem. Wyze service returned to normal around 3PM PST on the same day.

Our plan moving forward:

1. Wyze will work closely with our provider to enhance our service operation and outage escalation processes.
  2. Wyze will setup more metrics for detecting service issues sooner.
  3. Wyze will work on a backup service plan to mitigate future service issues.
  4. Wyze will work on app/website updates to better inform customers about unexpected service issues.

While this issue is resolved, sometimes you may have difficulty connecting to your Wyze Cams for other reasons. If you are having trouble with this, please contact customer support using this form: https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

Thanks for the details on the cause and the future game plan. It was most helpful.

1 Like

I love how transparent this company is! It’s refreshing.

1 Like