RESOLVED Service Advisory: Wyze devices missing from the app and login difficulties - 10/21/20

Devices are back, but some are showing Offline, but they are clearly online when I go into them.

1 Like

I am having the problem too.

I reported the “failed to obtain service” error to the team.

2 Likes

I saw that message earlier also…

Also lost all devices. Oddly, I can access videos from a few days ago for one of my cams. All of my devices are located at a remote site, so no way to add devices back until I go to that location - 3 hours drive away. I hope Wyze can get this data back…

10/21/20 5:21 PM PT - We found a problem with token validation and have resolved it. The service is returning to normal though it may take a little time for your devices to be visible again. Thank you for your patience.

For anyone that encountered the “fail to obtain service” error, is that still happening if you try again?

8 Likes

I have all my cameras and plugs but no cam plus. I have it for one camera but it’s not working. Only getting 12 second clips on that cam. Services page is blank.

Devices are back, except one camera won’t turn on. When I did attempt to turn it on, the devices disappeared from that phone again.

Thanks Gwendolyn!
No issues running beta app: 2.14.3.1
Anyone with issues in the bata app?

Thanks so much for that update to let us know what happened! :slightly_smiling_face:

It was working and now it is not working again

Nope… nuttin"

Unable to load event recordings from camera, says video clip doesn’t exist in cloud or is still being uploaded. Try again later. I have memory card in it

Nope still not working :cold_sweat:

Yep same here, happy dance over, it’s down again! :upside_down_face:

My wyze is still having issues.

I wasn’t having issues but I now am. Have exited the app, restarted my phone, and signed out of the app and back in and my devices are still gone. I’ll give it time, thanks for letting us know there’s an issue. I’m so happy wyze is so responsive!

Edit, 3 mins later: my devices are now back, I think I will not close the app for a while just in case :yum: thanks for your hard work

That’s not cool at all! You just convinced me to not buy any plugs or bulbs…ever!

Mine is doing this now after it was working again.

Still getting failed service message.