Service Advisory: Wyze devices missing from the app - 10/28/20

Ok, same as iOS, was hoping they had a sandboxed environment.

Yes it is working with 2.14.35

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll keep that in mind. After troubleshooting this all day… this evening one of my v1 cams (that I didnt mess with) came back on its own (v2.15.11). I’ll see if I can readd the others tomorrow currently they show offline likely because I need to repeat setup on them.

2 Likes

I’m glad they’re working for you now

2 Likes

That’s true but you can work around that

Please share, I’ve an Android I use for Beta, and would like both running.

Like said you can have the beta app on your device and install the production app with an APK, you could also even install I separate different version APK app and have 3

1 Like

When he said that it tried to force an upgrade, I thought, perhaps it had an associated filetype, a common destination for cache etc that could be a problem if running both on one device.

If it’s possible to sideload multiple, awesome, thanks.

Let me know how it goes.
I think you may be disappointed.

Without decompiling the APK?

Im back in business with the remainder of my v1’s; through no other action of my own other than repeating setup

1 Like

Today, when I opened the Wyze app, it asked me for password to sign in. I did. Then I lost all my devices. Multiple lightbults, multiple cams and door lock.
What should I do?

What app version are you running?
First thing to do is force close the app wait 5-10 seconds open app again

Unfortunately, it didn’t work.

I kill the app, waited for 15 minutes. Start the app, no luck.
I logged out and logged back in. No luck.
I even delete the app and download again. No luck.

And I just purchased the vacuum from Wyze. Man, I hope I am not betting on the wrong company.

Need to know , What app version are you running?
What time zone do you live in?
@Mavens ideas

3 Likes

Wyze App version: 2.15.22 (latest)
iOS: 14.2 (latest)
Devices firmware: unable to obtain but they are latest at least since last week

Time zone: PST

Try a different device to log into app and see if you get the devices to populate on the other device? Tried using mobile data only? Or a different wifi network?

1 Like

Once logged in, have you tried to sit on the home screen for a few minutes to see if the devices will populate? I’d give it a couple of minutes.

1 Like

Cross post/more info:

2 Likes

If you are not able to resolve this issue.
You may want to contact Wyze Customer Support about this.
By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
Or online: Wyze.com/support
phone support is typically faster however this isn’t always true due to fluctuation in the amount of calls.

3 Likes