Service Advisory: Wyze devices missing from the app - 10/28/20

Thanks for keeping us updated! Hope this gets fixed soon

1 Like

Mine seems to be working now. Hope it stays that way.

1 Like

10/28/20 2:43 PM PT - The process is close to completion and we are seeing reports of resolution for some people. We’ll continue monitoring metrics before we consider this issue resolved. Thank you for your patience.

3 Likes

(I’m having the issue too,)
Half surprised not to see anyone has posted the obligatory “I’ve used hundreds of cameras at thousands of locations and Wyze services are always 100% reliable 24/7 for everyone, if you’re ever having any connection issues it must be YOUR fault, get a new router.” :slight_smile: (okay, I exaggerated it).

Seems like that’s become a standard comeback in any thread anytime someone mentions an unreliable or connection issue of any kind, but this last week alone is a good example of how there are issues without it being the customer’s fault.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a hater, I have over 50 Wyze devices (and love them)…but I also do QA product reviews unbiasedly on a professional basis…Wyze does often have connection issues many others don’t have under identical circumstances…but the price makes up for a lot of the hassle, allowing me to have many more than I otherwise would, and it is very worthwhile for me.

2 Likes

I personally think that your position is fair. I’ve heard the inverse where other products struggled while ours connected but there are definitely times when it’s our servers or the hardware. That’s a lot of why I don’t tend to dive right into saying it’s the network and engage in troubleshooting first.

3 Likes

10/28/20 3:00 PM PT - The service has been restored. We’re going to continue digging into this and analyzing the causes that led to this incident so they can be addressed. If you are still having difficulty with your devices showing in the app or sending logs, please contact Wyze Customer Support.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

6 Likes

When you find it, fire it. :blush:

3 Likes

After the devices came back, the wyze scale says there is a firmware update. It shows that the update is 1.1 4, which is what the scale is. The update shows that my scale is 1.0.2, which it isn’t.

1 Like

While I was unaffected by this (as far as I can tell), I just wanted to say “thank you” for being transparent about it. Team Wyzes’ hard work is appreciated by many!

5 Likes

I’m late again, but yeah, “me too”. It just happens to be the last cam listed in my “Group” if that hasn’t already been said. Works fine in TinyCam, but that’s likely been reported by now as well.

@UserCustomerGwen

I lost only my v1 cameras after my Android upgraded to v2.15.11 are they still supported? I attempted to add those devices again, the setup completed but devices are still not available through the app. After “Setup completed” it shows “cameraInfo==null” and the camera is not added to the list. I tried the factory reset on the camera as well as uninstalling the android app, powering off phone, power on and reinstalling. Also attempting to flash back to firmware versions 3.9.4.32 or 3.9.4.16 so far without success.

NOTE: v2 Cameras were not affected.

v2.15.11 is the beta app, I suggest you switch back to the production app v2.14.35 and see if your cameras are available

1 Like

I had the same issues all my v1 cameras disappeared and had to uninstall beta and reinstall production

1 Like

Is it all working properly now with app v2.14.35 ?

Thanks, Forgive my ignorance but is the production .apk (v2.14.35) available outside of the android google play store? No matter what google account I use on this device it downloads the Beta. I would rather not leave the beta entirely for a test.

You have to go back to where you signed up to become a beta tester HERE then you have to leave the program then you have to wait awhile half hour something like that, then go back to the play store should be able to see the app is not showing beta.
You can go back into the beta program anytime ,same day , 2 hours later , if you want, it’s pretty simple to switch back and forth

2 Likes

This issue is being investigated by Wyze!

@HDRock’s fix for Android beta and selecting “Leave” in TestFlight for IOS beta should work as a temporary fix.

2 Likes

You can sideload older versions downloaded from apkpure.com. It’s a safe site.

3 Likes

Have you tried running two versions? I’m iOS primarily, I don’t know if it’s problematic on Android, but it’d be nice to have the option on iOS as I use my daily driver for the Beta, and its a uninstall PIA is there are bugs in the beta and I need to get around them.

1 Like

You can’t nomally run two versions on the same Android device. The newer one will always try to replace the older one.

1 Like