Service Advisory: Login and Downstream Services Down - 4/5/22

4/5/22 8:05 PM PT - Our traffic is still in expected ranges and the backlogged commands should be complete. We’ll keep an eye on things the rest of the evening but otherwise bid you a good night.

4/5/22 7:22 PM PT - Our traffic is returning to expected levels. We have backlogged commands (such as notifications) that we need to work through and this can cause some unexpected behavior. Examples of this are delayed notifications coming in at the same time or devices catching up to previous commands from during the outage sent from integrated services (such as Alexa turning bulbs on and off repeatedly). Thank you for your patience.

4/5/22 7:11 PM PT - We are hearing from a few customers that their login is restored but our traffic still isn’t reflecting normal patterns. Our engineers are continuing to look into this and we’ll keep you posted as we progress.

4/5/22 6:43 PM PT - Login for users is impacted by an outage and downstream services such as Google Assistant and Alexa integrations are also affected. We are working on scaling resources and are investigating the cause. Our engineers have requested that we not send push notifications and emails using our usual messaging service because that could increase the load on the stressed systems. We apologize for the inconvenience.

14 Likes

Appreciate the update.

4 Likes

You’re welcome! Sorry for the trouble. :sweat_smile:

Do you have an ETA on when is this going to be resolved?

Welcome o the Forum @hmgomez1977

I am active in the discord channel now and many of us are seeing services returning now.

4/5/22 7:11 PM PT - We are hearing from a few customers that their login is restored but our traffic still isn’t reflecting normal patterns. Our engineers are continuing to look into this and we’ll keep you posted as we progress.

1 Like

I logged out thinking it was me…also deleted the app and download it again to make sure…should have checked the forum first🤭

We’re sorry, we don’t have an ETA yet. But we’ll resolve it as soon as we can.

1 Like

Thanks for the update - My Alexa commands weren’t triggering and had a screen that said wyze link had expired. It has now just reconnected and working.

2 Likes

I’m able to login and access my devices now

2 Likes

I just barely noticed this a few minutes ago trying to ask Alexa to run a routine. It still worked to change things through the app though.

2 Likes

4/5/22 7:22 PM PT - Our traffic is returning to expected levels. We have backlogged commands (such as notifications) that we need to work through and this can cause some unexpected behavior. Examples of this are delayed notifications coming in at the same time or devices catching up to previous commands from during the outage sent from integrated services (such as Alexa turning bulbs on and off repeatedly). Thank you for your patience.

5 Likes

I can access my cameras through my phone and the wyze app, but asking my Alexa show to show the cameras ends in failure to connect.

4/5/22 8:05 PM PT - Our traffic is still in expected ranges and the backlogged commands should be complete. We’ll keep an eye on things the rest of the evening but otherwise bid you a good night.

1 Like

You may want to try unlinking and relinking the Wyze skill to see if that helps. If that doesn’t do the trick, please reach out to our support team!

support.wyze.com

1 Like

i just saw this but 5 minutes ago , I activated three different commands to Alexa one of those I had to repeat but they all worked in the end

2 Likes

Check your Alexa skills, it got disconnected. I readded the Wyze skill and can view my Wyze Cams on my Alexa “Show” Devices.

1 Like

Yep, mine was disconnected again today too. I reconnected and everything was still there, including all my routines and where the devices were assigned to which rooms and such. Thankfully nothing was lost at all, just had to reconnect.

2 Likes

WyzeGwendolyn… are you still on the Amazon servers? If you are, find a way to get off them, there will only be more outages as hackers see Amazon as a huge challenge to attack. JMHO.