Service Advisory: Failed Events and Notifications - 7/25/22

Why would I want all events to be off? I always had both cams selected plus what i wanted to catch. Pet yes, car no, etc.

Cloud events are the clips that show up in the Events Tab.

Local SD recordings are those that play from the Playback button. This can be set in the advanced settings for that cam to either Continuous or Motion Only.

In your Event Recording settings for each V3, once you have it assigned to CamPlus, you will select Detects Motion. Then under Smart Detection, you can select which AI events you would like for your cam to tag for you.

Continuous is not an Event Recording setting. This is an SD Recording setting accessed through the Advanced menu. Keep it set to Continuous.

These are notification settngs for the app, not the cam. In the cam settings, you will see a notifications bar, there you can set that cam to notify you when there is any motion, or just AI motion you recorded in the Event Recording settings, or everything.

The Events tab will show you only what you tell it to. Clear all shows everything, check the blue boxes to show only what you check.

The Wyze ecosystem has evolved. These may be new setup features you never experienced before. With greater functionality, new features, and scalability comes more setup options and expanded settings.

Ok. I see you do have them assigned. So, you might need to clear the cache and reload.

Follow these steps. Make sure you know your Wyze password before you do this: go to Account → App Settings and clear the cache. Then log out of the app, close app, long press Wyze Icon → App Info → Force Close. Then open app, log back in and test. If that doesn’t work we can do some other things.

Not sure what you mean: Event Recording settings or Cam Notification settings?

It MUST be on in the cam Event Recording settings for you to get any Smart AI events

Ok. Sorry i don’t know how to reply to segments. So it’ll all be in this reply.
• Do I want cloud or SD? I always had an SD card in but don’t remember my initial selection before all this happened.
• all seems to show up in events tab as list but they all say motion and no times. I can share screenshot if it helps
• AI Events or Motion once cam plus selected: I don’t remember selecting that. Ive been in and out so many times reselecting all my settings that I’m sure i selected motion and sound. As i did a year ago. However now it’s all different. “Then under smart detection” where do i find this now? The area I can select?
• So do the notifications impact my recordings? They shouldn’t right? Why is that important? And what do i need to set what as if it matters.

Dont need vehicle. Taking this off.

This is the Motion thing I was saying. No times shown on right hand side and often records when nothing happens but cuts short when 5min should be recorded.
It really should not be this complicated. New features whatever. Then selections need to be more intuitive and not hidden behind submenus and branched off menus.
So if I have assigned them to cam plus why is IT assigning me to lite?? I cant access anything or manage my account other than assigning. On the web log in neither. This is user unfriendly for anyone with decent tech knowledge. Really. You shouldn’t have to be a pro to get the most common things selected.

Highlight the segment in the previous post that you want to reply to and click “Quote”

Since you have CamPlus, you have both. Your Events Tab will show you your Cloud Recorded full length video clips (motion only and AI tagged. Your Playback button will play the footage _rom the local SD card, which you already indicated was set to record continuous.

A screenshot would help. It sounds to me like the CamPlus license on that cam isn’t acting properly after you assigned it. It may need to be refreshed by clearing the cache as I indicated before. This has happened to other users and a cache clear usually does the trick to force a reload of the settings from the Wyze Servers.

This can be set and changed any time you want. Open the cam in live view → click the settings :gear: gear wheel → select Event Recording. Detects Motion MUST be on to get ANY cloud events. Click the Smart Detection bar if you want the cam to recognize objects.

No. This is your Detection Zone under your Detection Settings to block out an area you want the cam to ignore.

Yes. The cam and the app have evolved greatly in the past year. Growth and progress.

No, notification settings for each cam will not affect the recordings, only when you phone tells you there is a new recording.

For example, I have 10 cams recording all motion events and tagging various AI events. I leave the ‘All Other Motion’ notifications setting off because it would otherwise be notifying me 1000 times a day every time a twig or leaf moved.

Your settings in the Cam Notifications depends on what you want your phone to alert you to. Every motion event? Every sound event? Only Smart AI events?

Also note, all sound events will be 12s clips regardless of CamPlus. Detects Sound must be on in Detection Settings to get notifications.

I see your screenshots. The Smart Detection Settings is fine.

In the Events Tab screenshot, where you blacked out the pictures, is there an icon on the thumbnail image of a mountain with a moon rising?

It looks to me like you are getting thumbnails only, not clips, which means the CamPlus on that cam isn’t loading properly.

1. Make sure your app is up to date in the app store. Upgrade if necessary
  2. Make sure cam firmware is up to date in Account → Firmware. Update if necessary.
  3. Run the clear cache sequence from above.

Note… Only NEW events will be affected. There is no way to recover old events that are not full length clips. The SD card should contain this footage.

I agree, the app need an overhaul. There is a learning curve for someone who hasn’t used it a lot

That is a good question. But, you are not the first to experience a subscription not applying properly.

Again, a cache clear usually does the trick. If not, we can clear the OS cache too. Then we can unassign, cache clear, OS cache clear, reassign and test. Sometimes it takes some time.

1 Like

ok. the clearing cache worked! Both cams now show the times! Yay.

1 Like

Let’s see if quote works. I’m on a laptop now. If it gets all fumbled up you know why.
ok. All selected as was before. It is how I want it so I’ll leave that alone.

1 Like

Interesting you mention this. I am going to give that a try for a couple days to also eliminate the 20 per day events of a shadow moving from. a tree and etc…

The rest of this thread is maddening. Should be a phone call.

1 Like

Hope it helps. Even with this though, I do still get a frustratingly high number of false positive AI tags, mostly Person.

Because I have cams that I want to detect at a distance, I am reluctant to drop the sensitivity any more than it already is. I suspect this may be a factor.

I wouldn’t expect that Customer Service could accomplish a fix for this user even in a phone call, which is probably why the cams were replaced in the first place!

2 Likes

Glad everything is working now. And you have advanced to the next level of IT pro!:clap:

I’m not sure what went wrong with the other two cams… But I suspect they may still be good cams that just need to be reset. Customer Service would rather replace the cam than take the time to help someone fix them.

1 Like

I had a v2 that i had never used then it crashed on the update when i first used it and went dead. I got a whole 15 dollar gift card…

No, I meant between you and @missdiana2002 This thread is maddening.

2 Likes

Haha!! Thank you. But no. Thank you for all your help!! I got more help from you than customer service. Unless you are customer service, then you’re the first helpful person that actually knows what they’re talking about.

The cam has since stayed online. All the time displays are back. The trial should run out tomorrow or two days. Crossing fingers all stays online. Still don’t get what happened. I’m def not going to throw anything away.
I couldn’t reset them tho bc they didn’t connect for me to do this. And again, cam #1 (#3 so to speak) connected right away. #2 that I was losing my patience with (#4 technically) just wouldn’t. And then all of a sudden at 2nd attempt the other day, it did. We did not reset, split, choose or select anything.

So how do you restart a cam that won’t connect?
I’ll def try that. #3 (old #1) I had tried interim in the other room. It worked only shortly.

One thing I noticed, initially that last cam connected faster or at all when plugged in without ext cord but failed with ext cord. So I was looking for long phone cables to do some test hook ups but then it ended up connecting at 2nd attempt (Sat or Sun) with same ext cord I had the entire time. Does that matter? Would a long USB-C or whatever they are be better than an actual ext cord? Are there connectivity differences in one over the other?

I know. And I dont necessarily have the best patience, nor am I a complete tech novice but to some extent we rely on logic, on selects or auto selects but not random happenings. If I had just bought them, more or less different story but I still dont know why all of a sudden I was able to connect now again.

Trust me I was mad bc nothing made sense. I mean you read it. And now cam is connected (for now) without me doing anything differently. :woman_shrugging:

If I just had the cams for “just in case” or when out of town, I wouldn’t even have stressed so much. But I have an elderly sick pet at home I need to check on while/if at work or if I forgot to write down and track data when I/pet did what. So that added stress. :confused:

1 Like

No, not customer service… Not in this industry anyway. Used to be IT\IS many, many moons ago. Now I train, troubleshoot, and service in the industrial compressed gas and cryogenic liquid industry.

I am actually familliar with the outsourced CS “Wizards” and their reputation. Many posts about that here in the forum.

YES! Cam V3 have a very specific power requirement. Many users have had similar issues with partial\full loss in cam service when they use aftermarket power adapters or extension cables that do not transmit enough power to the cam. Many times, the cam will appear to power up, but some functions like WiFi, night vision, siren, etc., that require the most power, will not work.

It is always best to use the power adapter and cable that comes with the cam because aftermarket replacements can come in all different configurations that are not compatible with the cam power requirements. If the cam isn’t getting enough power, it will malfunction and act wonky. It is very important that the cam have enough power.

I have several cams that needed extensions. I have had good results from the ones I purchased. I use 4 of them with the Wyze V3 and WCPv1 provided power adapter:

2 Pack 20FT Power Extension Cable

As for the old cams, if they stopped working after a Firmware Update, that might be the cause. If they were also on the low power extensions that also might be the cause. If it is Firmware related, there is a way to flash back the Frmware to an older version and then update by stepping thru to the newer version. Who knows, they might just install and update on their own since there is new firmware out there. Just make sure they use their Wyze provided cords and adapters and you have the GPS location and WiFi on in your phone and you should be fine to try and reinstall them.

If you need, you can Direct Message me.

My video events for cams with CAM PLUS are still not uploading and giving only screen shots. Oddly, cams with CAM LITE work perfectly uploading 12 second videos. The cameras with Cam Plus are the ones I need video on. So I have found a workaround by continuously interchanging cameras with CamPlus out with cameras that have Cam Lite to secure video uploads every few days. It’s a pain and I’m not getting what I paid for or happy. I sent several logs and was ignored.

1 Like

I get that every so often too. Been more and more often the past 2 months. I too have submitted logs and blah blah blah and nothing is ever followed up.

1 Like

Same here, I also get “Failed to update device list” covered in this topic. Failed to update device list

There is something fishy going on with Wyze servers for sure.

1 Like