Service Advisory: Failed Events and Notifications - 7/25/22

I am not familliar with the Tuya SmartLife app. However, since this app is produced by another proprietary IoT products competitor of Wyze, I can understand why there may be some compatibility issues. This may change when the Matter standard emerges.

I have 4 Wyze plugs I use for automation relays between the Wyze App and several home Automation assistants. The plugs are fully compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, and IFTTT.

I chose another brand for my cam smart plugs based on the bulk quantity price and the physical real estate the wart took up at the plug receptical.

I have Alexa power cycle my cam smart plugs on a rolling schedule every night.

That said, I have found, along with other seasoned users in the forum, that most of my cam offline issues were caused by local wifi network connectivity insufficiencies. At their price point, most Wyze IoT is not designed to be “All Terrain Super Utility” devices. They work best on, and prefer, a robust WiFi network topology. After I upgraded my router, all my offline issues stopped. More about that in this thread:

Since upgrading, my only issues have been with firmware and server side feature changes.