Service Advisory 11/14/20: Difficulty logging into the Wyze app and integrations not working

I’m not saying that Wyze doesn’t make claims. They do. I personally feel that Wyze fulfills my security needs (current outage aside), but what I am pointing out is the difference between my needs and yours. Yours appear to be of a critical nature, something that an outage or glitch could put someone in danger or cause harm. In those situations, I would never put my faith in Wyze (sorry), because I don’t feel that they are reliable or durable enough to meet those needs.

On the restore point comment. That makes sense and it is a reliable method, but it isn’t always a quick process. Restoration of a system, especially if you go ground-up (not saying that is what happened here), can take a long time.

1 Like

[mod edit] you who enable shoddy product sales by playing “let’s give these nice people the benefit of the doubt” while sucking up on forums instead of asking hard questions & pointing fingers. Who knows? Maybe your blind product loyalty will get you a free scale that only weighs in metric on odd days, or a house lock that randomly doesn’t work because of misconfigured backend server settings. Lucky you.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

1 Like

But poking them is so much fun… I get what you are saying, but it’s really not me defending Wyze. I think you guys have issues (you’ve had them for awhile), but I don’t see how incessant complaining serves crimez’s purposes. It doesn’t help anyone. If you are here on the forums it’s because you want support for your devices. If [Mod Edit] you appear to not like the company or any of the devices, you are counterproductive to the conversation.

2 Likes

No, I’m [Mod Edit] tired of their gear not working right. It’s not like this is an isolated incident, it speaks to a greater issue: They’re too busy releasing new products to keep the ones they’ve already released, working reliably.
It’s very simple.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

3 Likes

It is very simple. There you are correct. Stop buying Wyze, buy something else and stop posting to the Wyze forums. Just that simple.

Some posts were removed or edited that did not follow the Community Guidelines. Please flag posts that violate the guidelines so the moderators can respond appropriately.

Key points from the guidelines to keep in mind:

• Remember to criticize ideas, not people
  • Please avoid name-calling
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream
  • Keep posts relevant to Wyze

Important sections:

Always Be Civil

Somtimes We Disagree

6 Likes

You say “working as expected” at 6:27PM PT; however, we still have several devices that can’t login to the app. Another outage for us. This is becoming way too frequent.

Im still down 1852 pacific

Actually, I would like to be able to go more than 14 days without the Wyze system “going down” and not locking me out of the house or the lights not coming on … .
The complaining on these Forums, here, should be a wake up for Wayze to expend more resources towards PREVENTION, of these problems and outages.
As important as Wyze wants their systems to be in their customers’ lives, such as controling lighting, door locks, the thermostat, cameras, … Wyze should have redundant systems to mitigate these failures experienced by their customers.
I, like many customers, do not need frequent reminders that Wyze’s systems fail this frequently and thus
negatively impact my livability in my own home.

2 Likes

I’ve let the team know that we have a few people here who still aren’t able to log in and I’ve asked them to check on the metrics to be safe. Thanks, @stickman and @eppddriver!

Peace of mind that’s smart, straightforward, and affordable.

That’s home security the Wyze way.

Great way to kick off this service, hope the waitlist isn’t too long

2 Likes

This.
Wake up, Wyze.

1 Like

Maybe we should stick to only buying Wyze face masks LoL!!

My apologies, I’ve heard their socks will stay on your feet also!!

We’re listening and we’re working on making improvements for our infrastructure. Some will take time but we’re also working on short-term improvements.

1 Like

I’m able to connect with the app; however, I have quite a few clips that have not uploaded yet. I’m hoping that this will get sorted in the near future.

1 Like

The “complaining” about bad infrastructure has been an epidemic hereabouts for a good while. And Wyze answers by taking weeks to push simple fixes (Groups being broken lasted WEEKS) & by launching new products (which will also need numerous immediate fixes ) as fast as they can. If this is about satisfying investor’s ROI expectations, it should be tempered by realizing if this path continues they’ll get (even more of a) reputation as a company that sells crap, and that’s not going to make for good future earnings, I assure you.
If I have to deal with much more of this, I won’t be here complaining, I’ll just send this hardware through a woodchipper & move on.

1 Like

We understand. Some of these fixes will take time to implement but we hope we’ll have the opportunity to earn back your trust later.

We try to keep hotfixes (releases separate from our planned release schedule) limited because of the difficulty they present for customers and for our resource allocation. New products may have a hotfix because there’s an issue that didn’t come up in testing and would be a major experience breaker for a lot of people. Other than that (or major bugs that pop up with already existing products), we try to keep to our regular release schedule since that has a cadence of about once a month. I know that’s not as quick as preferred when it’s a particularly frustrating bug for someone and apologize.

5 Likes

My cameras are up again on my iOS devices, but I noticed the door sensors and motion sensors are not working now? How do I get them back online?

1 Like

Just wait a bit for your sensors. We’re still making our way through the backlogged events. Sorry for the delay!

1 Like