Sensors off-line

Mine keeps going off line. The sensor is less than 5’ from the camera. Both are near the wireless router. There are three other WiFi devices in the room and no other radio sources. The sensor connects when I remotely reboot the camera, but it won’t stay online.

That one sounds like a malfunction. Best to contact support.

here is a post including someone who was able to increase the size of the antenna and said it has worked quite well…

3 Likes

has anyone tried soldering a mains supplied DC 3V supply to the sensor in lieu of the battery? would a full plus 3v remove distance issues?

OK, I tried the method of attaching a wire to extend the antenna, signal strength is definitely boosted. Now it looks like working correctly. I will need to wait and see in daily use how well it is holding up. I am curious why the weak signal would affect the “close” status getting to the bridge, but not the “open” status. Maybe the door itself is interfering with the signal?

Can someone post pics of how to do this please?..

See this thread: Wyze sense / bridge range - #8 by Caryten

1 Like

Thanks!

It’s frustrating, while the sensor with the extended antenna works ok, another sensor got the same problem right after I fixed the first one! Not sure if there is a bug on the bridge, causing the sensor with the weakest signal to drop some messages! If that’s the case, then there is no point fixing the signal strength.

I imagine that one was marginal and you didn’t notice it. Try the antenna trick there too. I have 3 sensors on-line and none drop ever.

Just did the trick on that sensor, working normally, but need more time to see if it’s stable.